News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Boehner to sue Obama for use of Executive Power

Started by Suu, June 25, 2014, 05:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/24/boehner-considering-lawsuit-against-obama-over-executive-orders/

QuoteHouse Speaker John Boehner Wednesday told reporters that he plans to sue President Barack Obama over his use of executive action.

"I am," the Speaker said when asked if he was planning to initiate a lawsuit.

"You know the constitution makes it clear that the president's job is to faithfully execute the laws and in my view the President has not faithfully executed the laws," Boehner added at a news conference on Capitol Hill.

This is going to be hysterical.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Poor Boehner.  He's got a steering wheel jammed up his ass, and the teabillies are driving him all over town.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

I'm just starting to think that the Republicans REALLY don't want the presidency in 2016.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Cain

I can't say I especially like how executive orders are abused, but a much simpler fix would be to simply overturn the requirement for a supermajority Congressional vote to overturn an executive order.

But then, this isn't about Presidential overreach, is it?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 26, 2014, 09:16:38 PM
I can't say I especially like how executive orders are abused, but a much simpler fix would be to simply overturn the requirement for a supermajority Congressional vote to overturn an executive order.

But then, this isn't about Presidential overreach, is it?

No.  It is about "energizing their base".  You know, the strategy that worked for them so well in the last two presidential elections?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

They look energised.

Oh wait, I was thinking of lobotomised.  Never mind.

Suu

If Congress knew what they were doing, they could attempt to ratify an amendment that eliminates the use of executive orders, which are currently granted by judiciary proceedings from, oh, 250 years ago, and are actually not in the Constitution. If they don't like them that much, they can really really for reals get rid of them, and even override a presidential veto to do it.

...Then again, they'd have to actually know how to government, and that's hard. So they'll just sue instead.