News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

The wise spag blends in...

Started by JackALope2323, March 08, 2010, 12:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackALope2323

Howdy there, folks. Relatively new to the Discordian scene, but I'm enthusiastic, to say the least.

So, from the BIP and the Sacred Chao Te Ching, I've begun to understand that, as it is, speaking out against Authority gets one no-where. Well, I've realized this before, but I was always one to think that broadcasting one's anti-establishment actions was the best possible course.

However, both works have taught me that the wise spag indeed knows to blend in, and destroy the Machine(TM) from the inside out.

Now, I've had long hair for several years now. I never grew it to be a rebel, or anything like that. I just liked having long hair. And I STILL like having long-hair. I know the long-hair doesn't exactly allow a spag like me to blend in, but I was wondering if long hair would be such a sore thumb to the Establishment as if I went out waving around a sign saying "Hail Eris!" I'd much enjoy being able to take down the Machine(TM), and I'd rather not get FUBAR'd just because of something as simple as my hair length.

Thanks in advance. -Jack

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

JackALope2323

I think so?

If I'm being Pineal, I apologize. I thought this was an honest question.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jack, what part of the country do you live in? Long hair IS Establishment, here. Aging hippies, yay.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dr. Paes

JackALope waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were Greyfaces in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to the armchair anarchists were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Jack was a Discordian for fourteen years. When he was young he read the Principia and he said to dad "I want to be in the Revolution daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY GREYS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in The City he knew there were Greys.
"This is the anarchists" the radio crackered. "You must fight the Greys!"
So Jack infiltrated the system with a spanner to throw in the works.
"HE HAS GOT LONG HAIR" said the Greys
"I will shoot at him" said the president and he activated the orbital bombardment system. Jack threw the spanner at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must destory THE MACHINE" he shouted
The radio said "No, Jack. You are The Machine"
And then Jack was a Grey.

or  :?

Sorry for all of that.
The System will not execute you for having long hair.
But, Jack... They know you're associating with Discordians.

JackALope2323

@ Calamity: I figured I might be overlooking something like that. I live in the California Bay Area, but I plan to move to Rhode Island in the next few months.

@ Paesior: I haven't even been associating with Discordians for that long. How could they know already?

Elder Iptuous

When i was in austin smoking a couple years away, i started to grow my hair out.  then when i was in university i let it continue to grow, so it was pretty well down my back.  i liked it.  actually easier to maintain, and when i had my beard out, i would have random people ask to have their picture taken 'with jesus'.  sometimes i'd oblige, and a couple times, i waited for the camera's preflash and say through my smile, 'jesus was black.'  that had good results.
anyways. after i graduated university, i went out to seek a job in the wide wide world of the dallas/ft.worth area.  most engineers work for the military industrial complex here, and that's indeed what i fell into.
upon going in for the interview, i figured i'd probably better look pretty clean cut.  so off went the hair and on went the tie.
i got the job (still working at that place, for now)
within the first week i realized that there were at least half a dozen guys that i worked with that had long hair.
plenty of them are obviously ex hippies.
there are plenty of drug and party jokes that fly around tongue in cheek.

just saying that The Machine has long hairs in it plenty enough.

Freeky

Quote from: Iptuous on March 08, 2010, 04:01:56 AM
When i was in austin smoking a couple years away, i started to grow my hair out.  then when i was in university i let it continue to grow, so it was pretty well down my back.  i liked it.  actually easier to maintain, and when i had my beard out, i would have random people ask to have their picture taken 'with jesus'.  sometimes i'd oblige, and a couple times, i waited for the camera's preflash and say through my smile, 'jesus was black.'  that had good results.
anyways. after i graduated university, i went out to seek a job in the wide wide world of the dallas/ft.worth area.  most engineers work for the military industrial complex here, and that's indeed what i fell into.
upon going in for the interview, i figured i'd probably better look pretty clean cut.  so off went the hair and on went the tie.
i got the job (still working at that place, for now)
within the first week i realized that there were at least half a dozen guys that i worked with that had long hair.
plenty of them are obviously ex hippies.
there are plenty of drug and party jokes that fly around tongue in cheek.

just saying that The Machine has long hairs in it plenty enough.

You know, when you posted that last pic of you and your beard, my very first thought was "That beard puts Jesus to shame."

The end.

Jack, I doubt long hair is going to get you noticed very much. The point is not to make yourself ridiculously outrageous, like kep your hair long but shave the sides of your head and have it in a pointy mohawk, or dye it funky colors, or wear a shirt that says "FUCK YOU PIG" out in broad daylight. Those kinds of things. If you're wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans, when the cops come around after an incident, who are they gonna look at; you, or the blue haired dude wearing Tripp pants and arm socks in June?

JackALope2323

Mkay, thanks guys. And thanks for understanding and tolerating my noobishness. =P

I may be new, and I may not know much, but I'd like to believe I'm willing to learn. -Jack

Dimocritus

Quote from: JackALope2323 on March 08, 2010, 03:17:27 AM
@ Calamity: I figured I might be overlooking something like that. I live in the California Bay Area, but I plan to move to Rhode Island in the next few months.

@ Paesior: I haven't even been associating with Discordians for that long. How could they know already?

God, why?
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

JackALope2323

Quote from: dimo on March 08, 2010, 04:59:59 AM
Quote from: JackALope2323 on March 08, 2010, 03:17:27 AM

God, why?

Because I'm sick and tired of living under the yoke of my mother. It was either live with my aunt in Georgia, or live with my Uncle in Rhode Island. And I hate Georgia. I've never been to Rhode Island, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

At least I get to live in a beach town. I'm sure it's not that bad. =P

the last yatto

peace core isnt that bad either
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

JackALope2323

I don't think the Peace Corps exactly approves of what I intend to do. ;D

Besides, I don't have one of those fancy pieces of paper called a "college degree".

Dimocritus

Stay away from RI. We got this Zalgo infestation in the sewers and it occasionally rains blood! Not to mention that the local "gov't" (see: gay mob) is trying to eliminate the poor, and not in a good way.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"