News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

RAEP IS GOOD MAJIK

Started by E.O.T., April 19, 2011, 05:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.O.T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbZIK9Ce0yM&feature=player_embedded#at=184

I CAN'T

really say anything about, or explain this interview clip. however, the title of this thread is taken from the subject content. what would the wiccans say?
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Salty

Just think, there are Americans out there who don't understand patriotism the way those men do.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

E.O.T.

Quote from: Alty on April 19, 2011, 05:53:51 AM
Just think, there are Americans out there who don't understand patriotism the way those men do.

HA!

it's the magiks angle that i find amusing

Salty

I mean, people talk about patriotism as though it were a given, the same way they talk about god or the lasting strength of a 401(k) despite all external evidence to the fragility of these things, their inherent lack of essential reality. They rest on certainty:

-God will protect me.
-Everything happens for a reason.
-My prayers will be heard.
-Love will see this through.
-Raping in accordance with my magical potion will protect my country.

Remove and add conditions until you can't see straight and you'll see the same thing all the way down: people looking for certainty.

And that thing, country. We either want what we want so hard that we'll convince ourselves that RAPE is a viable way of obtaining it OR we want the rape and the COUNTRY is just an excuse.

That calm sonofabitch pissed me off. He didn't shy away once from the thought of his mother or sister getting raped as long as he knew it would benefit his country. Myself, I'm a rational person. I don't think child rapists should be killed immediately. But when I let myself think of someone doing that to my child all I can see is red haze. That fucker didn't mind one little bit. How the fuck does that happen?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Subtract Eight!

........was just mind raped.. /slither
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's so sad and disturbing. And the thing is, for those men to think it's OK or right, they have to be pretty traumatized too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Nigel on April 19, 2011, 08:33:21 AM
That's so sad and disturbing. And the thing is, for those men to think it's OK or right, they have to be pretty traumatized too.

Most of those people have been in the military since they were 12 or so.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

E.O.T.

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on April 19, 2011, 06:29:56 AM
Read the comments.

I DID NOT

find the comments to be very enlightening. what's your point there?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: E.O.T. on April 19, 2011, 01:42:43 PM
Read the comments.

I DID NOT

I think that he was trying to point out that the comments are also disturbing by turning into a race thing. Most of them seemed to be from Nazis.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

E.O.T.

TO LG & NIGEL

most people who've studied war/ battle and delved into the "collateral damage" pouring onto civilians - and i don't mean scholars but simply curious readers, know that horrible things like this, or their equivalent, do happen. maybe all the time. aside from the frankness of the soldiers delivery being rather mind numbing, the whole topic of rape as a magic potion, as an almost alchemical process makes me wonder what the history behind this is.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: E.O.T. on April 19, 2011, 01:54:06 PM

TO LG & NIGEL

most people who've studied war/ battle and delved into the "collateral damage" pouring onto civilians - and i don't mean scholars but simply curious readers, know that horrible things like this, or their equivalent, do happen. maybe all the time. aside from the frankness of the soldiers delivery being rather mind numbing, the whole topic of rape as a magic potion, as an almost alchemical process makes me wonder what the history behind this is.

I was wondering about the origin of this idea too. It seems... just really fucking bizarre of a concept, even in comparison to other folk beliefs and superstitions.

E.O.T.

Quote from: Doktor Blight on April 19, 2011, 01:45:09 PM
Quote from: E.O.T. on April 19, 2011, 01:42:43 PM
Read the comments.

I DID NOT

I think that he was trying to point out that the comments are also disturbing by turning into a race thing. Most of them seemed to be from Nazis.

THAT

to me is hardly surprising, but i think nazi is a misleading term. i get what you're saying but still, reading the comments doesn't really shed any light on the documentary/ interview footage itself.

NOT

being able to understand the original dialects personally, actually brought a sense of doubt to my mind as to the authenticity of the video, but watching further it seems legit. i posted the video clip pretty much immediately after watching it twice through. and then my mind collapsed from exhaustion and i crashed out. had some strange dreams.

LORD G

is correct in pointing out that fighting and war in these regions creates a life spanning environment for the soldiers (and everyone else involved) so i'm curious as to what comparative versions of the practice exist and where/ when(?). and of course, what would the wiccans have to say about this?

LMNO

I haven't researched this, but I seem to recall the prevalence of superstitions at very high level of African governments and societies, even in the 20th and 21st centuries.  Usually based on sympathetic magic principles, this ranges from witch doctors attempting to influence the African Cup football matches to the belief that having sex with a virgin will cure AIDS, to Idi Amin (possibly) engaging in cannabalism.

I have no idea why Africa seem to be the focus of these stories, but I do know it's not unusual for societies to hold on to their superstitions well into the modern age, and so-called "Western" countries are not exempt.

Nephew Twiddleton

EOT-

I think that the Wiccan position would be fairly easy to determine, since they follow a harm none perspective. However, if I recall, Gardner's Book of Shadows commented on the efficacy of blood sacrifice while simultaneously asserting that it is abominable. Would Wiccans think that there is actually a magic potion that is rape activated? I don't know. Maybe they could see it working in the sense of both sex magic and blood sacrifice analogs. I'm also wondering if potion is a mistranslation of some sort. They don't really explain what the potion is or why it requires rape.