News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

The Good Book

Started by Kaienne, July 15, 2007, 09:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: Requiem on March 29, 2008, 01:36:51 AM
I'd like to nominate this thread for having the most fail I've ever seen.

You haven't seen the "BIP - Just call me nigger to my face" thread, have you? I'm pretty sure that failed harder than Kaienne ever could.

And just in case you haven't, some extreme failure
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kaienne on July 15, 2007, 09:45:03 AM
So, one of these days, a decade or two from now, I'm gonna open up a pure, unadulturated channel to the divine, and tirelessly carve out a tome like Moses carving out the Ten Commandments. The tome will contain the answers to life, the universe, and everything. All shall be revealed, simple enough for the lamen to understand the basics of it, and concise enough that with steady research, anyone can understand all the secrets of the universe. It will change the entire world.

I will title this book '42'.

Well, too late now.  World ended, book not done.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Say hello to the new world, same as the old one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 21, 2012, 06:40:49 PM

Well, yeah, but with some of the color leeched out and cardboard building facades.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2012, 06:43:02 PM

Well, yeah, but with some of the color leeched out and cardboard building facades.

And everyone is just a LITTLE

BIT

FRIENDLIER.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 21, 2012, 06:50:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 21, 2012, 06:43:02 PM

And everyone is just a LITTLE

BIT

FRIENDLIER.

They smile at me and say "Merry Christmas!" and seem like they mean it, this time.  They're helpful and don't do dumb things.

But I can smell their fear.  It's Christmas, in this new world.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 15, 2007, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: Kaienne on July 15, 2007, 09:45:03 AM
I will title this book '42'.

Douglas Adams on 42: "The answer to this is very simple. It was a joke. It had to be a number, an ordinary, smallish number, and I chose that one. Binary representations, base thirteen, Tibetan monks are all complete nonsense. I sat at my desk, stared into the garden and thought '42 will do.' I typed it out. End of story."

just sayin

It doesn't have to be a Adams reference. 42 is also the number of volumes in the legendary Book of Thoth
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Cain

Or 36,525, depending on which historian you ask.