News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

When you see it...

Started by Suu, February 06, 2010, 05:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Providence is fucking old, even older than New York (Not New Amsterdam, but there's nothing left standing of that or pretty much any of NYC's original buildings anyway). We still have a couple of buildings from the 1600s still standing, and tons of foundations that are still supporting "newer" buildings from the 1700s.

It's where all the non-Puritans that were kicked out of Boston came, and the row of 200 year old diverse churches up and down Main Street are pretty much a giant FUCK YOU to Massachusetts, we also have the oldest Synagogue I believe because Roger Williams allowed Jews when no other colony would, not even Virginia or New York.

The Revolution also started in Providence Colony with the first shot fired on the captain of the HMS Gaspee down in Warwick, but they don't teach you that. Providencians were evil, mean, drunk non-Puritan heathens who weren't allowed credit for anything, of course.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Pictures from upstairs! Blurring was unintentional, the light up there was total shit. I need to go up there during daylight I think because my camera phone wanted nothing to do with it.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."