News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

Public servants do not deserve fan boys and girls.

Started by wade, October 11, 2008, 08:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

I just realized today that each time one of these public servants decides to give a speech, the crowd is full of fan boys and girls.  Is this really how our civic duties should be conducted?  A crowd full of yes men and women cheering on their media whore?  it is pathetic.

I'd rather see a crowd full of people who each hold strong ideals, and hold close the belief in liberty and justice for all.  When you go to a public servants speech you shouldn't be able to tell that the crowd is full of fan boys and girls.  I'd rather see a crowd full of informed people who pay close attention to what is being said, people with a back bone, people who will be critical, and will force our public servants to be held accountable, not a crowd full of civillians wishing for an autograph of their favourite celebrity.  it is pathetic.

Though, I suppose I'm living in a pipe dream right now wanting this because there is no way it will happen with our current post modern society as it exists today.  it is pathetic.

I guess I'm really bitching about journalists not really being journalists, or the mainstream media not really being fair and balanced...  bah.  it is pathetic.

[/whining]

[mindless-self-indulgence]
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

wade

are there any ways to exploit this? which should cause people to feel even stupider then they already are.

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wgeorgew on October 11, 2008, 08:01:46 PM
I just realized today that each time one of these public servants decides to give a speech, the crowd is full of fan boys and girls.  Is this really how our civic duties should be conducted?  A crowd full of yes men and women cheering on their media whore?  it is pathetic.

I'd rather see a crowd full of people who each hold strong ideals, and hold close the belief in liberty and justice for all.  When you go to a public servants speech you shouldn't be able to tell that the crowd is full of fan boys and girls.  I'd rather see a crowd full of informed people who pay close attention to what is being said, people with a back bone, people who will be critical, and will force our public servants to be held accountable, not a crowd full of civillians wishing for an autograph of their favourite celebrity.  it is pathetic.

Though, I suppose I'm living in a pipe dream right now wanting this because there is no way it will happen with our current post modern society as it exists today.  it is pathetic.

I guess I'm really bitching about journalists not really being journalists, or the mainstream media not really being fair and balanced...  bah.  it is pathetic.

[/whining]

[mindless-self-indulgence]

So, what, someone claps at a speech, so we shoot them?  Or just beat them up really badly?

What?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

wade

we cry?

it's just the way I see it that is all, maybe i am completely off base. I dont know.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly

Bruno

Formerly something else...