News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

r: ewige blumenkraft!

Started by Horab Fibslager, July 26, 2004, 07:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horab Fibslager

pr is bullshit.

image is nothing. obey your thirst.
-drink sprite or die ad campaign, circa 1998
Hell is other people.

chaosgraves:agentoferis

does anyone know the difference between pr and mere advertising campiagns... ads are bullshit ... pr is gold.
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Horab Fibslager

there is a small difference, but pr is still bullshit.

I'm John kerry and I authorize this message.
-the vote kerry in '04 or die ad campaign
Hell is other people.

Quote from: Grand Imam Horabthere is a small difference, but pr is still bullshit.

A small difference between spending mony one air time to run a comercial and spending mony to give computers to people who live in transitional houseing?!?!?... well I like to think that there is a large difference thank you very much...

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: Grand Imam Horabthere is a small difference, but pr is still bullshit.

A small difference between spending mony one air time to run a comercial and spending mony to give computers to people who live in transitional houseing?!?!?... well I like to think that there is a large difference thank you very much...

tehy're still spending money to have cameras there when they give computers away to people in transitional housing, when they coudl be making that hosuign a littl eleess transitional maybe? pr is a game, a slight motion of the rigght hand to keep everyone's attentionf rom what the left ahdn is doing. just because soem good comes of it doesn't make it any less bullshit. publicised philantropy still makes the flowers grow.
Hell is other people.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: Secret Chief Horabpublicised philantropy still makes the flowers grow.

And that's still beautiful.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: Secret Chief Horabpublicised philantropy still makes the flowers grow.

And that's still beautiful.

indeed.
Hell is other people.

MedeoPlusPlus

Chuck says that Roy says that we're all cabbages anyway.

And that's beautiful.
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

Den Sorte Dragen

Quote from: MedeoChuck says that Roy says that we're all cabbages anyway.

And that's beautiful.

Roy stopped saying things after he met the tiger
negative....negative.....negative................;type O negative................negative............;negative

Quote from: Secret Chief Horab
Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis

tehy're still spending money to have cameras there when they give computers away to people in transitional housing, when they coudl be making that hosuign a littl eleess transitional maybe? pr is a game, a slight motion of the rigght hand to keep everyone's attentionf rom what the left ahdn is doing. just because soem good comes of it doesn't make it any less bullshit. publicised philantropy still makes the flowers grow.
sorry ... I didn't notice any cameras there and I would rather not get charity when it comes to my houseing but am apprieciative of the computer I got ... Not that good of a comp but it;s something I can do my homework on... maybe someday I'll take it out onto the information superhighway but in the meantime this one I use at the public library is doing just fine for me...and I'm serious that this philanthropy wasn't publicised... just us that live there know who gave them...and maybe it was because these people had computers to give and not because they could help out in another way... so what you are suggesting is along the lines of " we have these computers around that aren't really doing us any good so lets sell them off and make a little money that we can give to some transitional houseing"... rather then " hey we got these computers laying around that aren't really doing us any good lets give them to some people that may not have computers"... well since I do pay my program fee while I'm trying to get myself on my own two feet again... I really have to say that I appreiciate the computer more as it is more helpful in use for my classes... but I guess you can see it in any negative way you want... I know the world is a dark place but really I think it is fun as well... and I would rather focus on the upbeat... Does'nt mean that i don't realize there is a downside ... but I do try not to be a part of the downside.

Quote from: Den Sorte Dragen
Quote from: MedeoChuck says that Roy says that we're all cabbages anyway.

And that's beautiful.

Roy stopped saying things after he met the tiger
and thats beautiful

gnimbley

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferissorry ... I didn't notice any cameras there and I would rather not get charity when it comes to my houseing but am apprieciative of the computer I got ... Not that good of a comp but it;s something I can do my homework on... maybe someday I'll take it out onto the information superhighway but in the meantime this one I use at the public library is doing just fine for me...and I'm serious that this philanthropy wasn't publicised... just us that live there know who gave them...and maybe it was because these people had computers to give and not because they could help out in another way... so what you are suggesting is along the lines of " we have these computers around that aren't really doing us any good so lets sell them off and make a little money that we can give to some transitional houseing"... rather then " hey we got these computers laying around that aren't really doing us any good lets give them to some people that may not have computers"... well since I do pay my program fee while I'm trying to get myself on my own two feet again... I really have to say that I appreiciate the computer more as it is more helpful in use for my classes... but I guess you can see it in any negative way you want... I know the world is a dark place but really I think it is fun as well... and I would rather focus on the upbeat... Does'nt mean that i don't realize there is a downside ... but I do try not to be a part of the downside.

I think its great that you got those computers and all, and it is certainly to be applauded, but the cynic in me is thinking, perhaps unfairly, "hey, we got these computers lying around and the waste disposal people won't take them because they have heavy metals and other toxic stuff in them and these other people want us to pay to have them hauled off, so, why don't we just give to the people in transitional housing, yeah, and we'll look good doing it." I just say that because one of my clients was trying to get rid of old computers and the only people who would take them was a missionary group that refurbished them and shipped them to South America. Probably unfair of me to bring this up. But, you know, I'm a gnome and don't know better. Why don't you just ignore this post, okay?

::wanders off in a transitional fog::

MescalineBanana

Would you all just stop thinking for a little while?  Sheeyit.
Omnia quia sunt, lumina sunt.

Quote from: gnimbley
Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferissorry ... I didn't notice any cameras there and I would rather not get charity when it comes to my houseing but am apprieciative of the computer I got ... Not that good of a comp but it;s something I can do my homework on... maybe someday I'll take it out onto the information superhighway but in the meantime this one I use at the public library is doing just fine for me...and I'm serious that this philanthropy wasn't publicised... just us that live there know who gave them...and maybe it was because these people had computers to give and not because they could help out in another way... so what you are suggesting is along the lines of " we have these computers around that aren't really doing us any good so lets sell them off and make a little money that we can give to some transitional houseing"... rather then " hey we got these computers laying around that aren't really doing us any good lets give them to some people that may not have computers"... well since I do pay my program fee while I'm trying to get myself on my own two feet again... I really have to say that I appreiciate the computer more as it is more helpful in use for my classes... but I guess you can see it in any negative way you want... I know the world is a dark place but really I think it is fun as well... and I would rather focus on the upbeat... Does'nt mean that i don't realize there is a downside ... but I do try not to be a part of the downside.

I think its great that you got those computers and all, and it is certainly to be applauded, but the cynic in me is thinking, perhaps unfairly, "hey, we got these computers lying around and the waste disposal people won't take them because they have heavy metals and other toxic stuff in them and these other people want us to pay to have them hauled off, so, why don't we just give to the people in transitional housing, yeah, and we'll look good doing it." I just say that because one of my clients was trying to get rid of old computers and the only people who would take them was a missionary group that refurbished them and shipped them to South America. Probably unfair of me to bring this up. But, you know, I'm a gnome and don't know better. Why don't you just ignore this post, okay?

::wanders off in a transitional fog::
sure sure I can see that as well... but you should hear the mad ass beat I came up with last night... Sugar Hole is pounding the streets mutha fucker.