News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Rev Roger: The Heresies, chapter 1

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 14, 2003, 07:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: khaganI like what you're doing Roger, whether or not you intend on doing so. You're making us look systematically at our self-proclaimed anti-systematic movement.

If we listen to Eris, aren't we doing exactly what she said not to?

If we tell Roger what to do or not to do, we are thereby defying our own nature as Discordians. If we agree with his system then we also defy Discordian principle. But there is no Discordian principle to defy. There is no Discordia, there is no Eris, my friends.

There are no systems but those you choose to accept.

DING DING DING.

Give that man a rubber cigar!

It is my opinion that a society that strives AT ALL TIMES to be disorganized has actually just found another way of organizing.

Quite a paradox...if you agree, you violate (here's the oxymoron) Discordian orthodoxy, and if you disagree with the concept of catagorization, you have become dogmatic, and thus ALSO violate the Discordian way.

Paradoxes are, IMO, the height of Discordianism.  But that's just me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Guido Finucci

... and this week's 'Great Big Stir' award goes to.... <drumroll>.... The Good Reverend Roger! <applause>

---
Only the unpopular can be truly radical.

Slarti

i guess i just don't see the point to classifying discordians.....

Rev Thwack

makes it easier for big brother dubya to track us all down and make us wear little armbands with apples on them, that way everyone knows who we are and they all know to shun us until the point in time in which the camps are finished so that they will have somewhere to put us and protect the rest of the general population from our mental terrorism, which everyone knows is the most devious form of terrorism and the hardest to protect against since we don't have to use normal terrorist support channels. And of course it's terrorism that we practice, because of how terrifying it would be if everyone woke up and started thinking on their own instead of just following along with the carfully created and expensive programing put out to them.
My balls itch...

Rev Thwack

umm... wow.

I said that?

wow.

someone warn me next time. this serious thing is not becoming of me.
My balls itch...

SMFabal

Well, here I saw them as new archetypes to add to my internal inventory check. Silly me.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Malgrin

...it struck me as...<gasp>  *Something to think about*. (And, thank you for that, by the way.)

If I deeply internalized and put into action everything I'd ever read...heck...I'd be Discordian!  And not!  I'm trying this on as a suit for the day.  It makes me laugh to do so.

Tomorrow I might bake something tasty, or blow a kiss to a truck driver.

Mmmmwwah!

Penumbral

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: PenumbralYou are bringing way to much order to this though.
Don't define shit!

I'm doing what?  Are you telling me what to do, or what not to do?

Hell, dude...look at the title of the thread.
No Im not telling you anything about what to do/do not. I'm telling you what I do.

Quote from: PenumbralDegrees of discordianism FUCK that. Next we will have Saints and cliques for each "degree".

OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness.
You think I don't relize when I am thinking???
It made me think and I thank you for that, but I had a responce I dissagreed.

Quote from: PenumbralPeople who are clinically insane by no means are discordian or 'Erisian' unless they want to be.

I HAVE NEVER MET A DISCORDIAN WHO DIDEN"T WANT TO BE.

It?s not something you can push on anyone.

Active Discordians?  No.  Dormant Discordians...you don't believe they exist?  Plus, the insane have a head full of chaos...and as such, can truly be called the "Children of Eris".
I know a few people I would call dormant discordians.
But, what you are doing is almost like saying agnostics are dormat christians.
They have a basic idea of a "god" figure, but they don't "know" about it?
What is the differnce of a active and dormant discordian?
One "knows" about it.

Penumbral

Quote from: Penumbral
Quote from: khagan
There are no systems but those you choose to accept.

There are no choices but those of the system.

And if the system makes our choices for us, then are you saying we're all Greyfaces? Discordians included?
I was more saying there is a opposite to what you said that makes as much sence.
But lets pretend I ment it:
I was not saying the system makes the choices, but rather that the only choices we have are once we can see. And we can only see things in the same system as us. you can't  make a choice that you don't know exsists.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slartibartfasti guess i just don't see the point to classifying discordians.....

You don't see the...what?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Rev Thwack

HE DOESN'T SEE THE POINT IN DECLASSIFYING THIS FNORDIAN

sometimes we just have to remember that some people are hard of hearing.  :D
My balls itch...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev ThwackAnd of course it's terrorism that we practice, because of how terrifying it would be if everyone woke up and started thinking on their own instead of just following along with the carfully created and expensive programing put out to them.

If I thought for one moment that we would wake everybody up (at least all at once), I WOULD BE YOUR GREATEST NEMESIS!!!

And for some damn good reasons.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev ThwackHE DOESN'T SEE THE POINT IN DECLASSIFYING THIS FNORDIAN

sometimes we just have to remember that some people are hard of hearing.  :D

Eh?  I DON'T harrass Norwegians...what the hell is he talking about?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SMFabalWell, here I saw them as new archetypes to add to my internal inventory check. Silly me.

That's one correct answer, out of many possibilities.

Looks like The Good Rev needs to sharpen his poking stick.

Rev Thwack

umm... my greatest nemisis? You do realize who you are talking to, right? Come on... I would love to see that, if for no other reason than just to see the look on everyones faces and the ensuing chaos.

Gotta love that crazy poop.
My balls itch...