News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

My Rock Posters

Started by hooplala, January 17, 2014, 05:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Sometimes rock bands get me to draw up posters for them.  Or, more specifically, THIS band did:

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Cool shit, man!  You got skills.

hooplala

Thanks guys... these were fun to work on, in a way that commissions usually aren't for me.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Bobby Campbell

Those really are excellent! Great work!!  :fnord:

Anna Mae Bollocks

NIIIIICE. And dude, save a few for yourself. Because if one of those bands makes it, you're going to be sitting there watching your work that you did for cheap money go for thousands on fucking ebay.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 18, 2014, 06:00:34 AM
NIIIIICE. And dude, save a few for yourself. Because if one of those bands makes it, you're going to be sitting there watching your work that you did for cheap money go for thousands on fucking ebay.

Hey, good point!

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

3n1g

Love em. The lack of information reminds me fondly of handmade punk posters. No date, no time, just BAND + Address (or even better, Ask a Punk!)

hooplala

Quote from: 3n1g on January 23, 2014, 03:12:33 AM
Love em. The lack of information reminds me fondly of handmade punk posters. No date, no time, just BAND + Address (or even better, Ask a Punk!)

There's dates on both, but it's true... no times. 

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Hoopla on January 21, 2014, 03:42:08 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 18, 2014, 06:00:34 AM

Hey, good point!

You see shit like on facebook all the time, broke artists posting links to their old stuff priced at about six month's rent. Sucks the way that works.

Sometimes it gets pirated, too. Somebody tipped off Jay Lynch that there were pirated copies of his Janis Joplin poster being sold on ebay and he said to tell the seller he'd hand-sign them for a buck apiece.  :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division