News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Why the world should be moar like PD.com

Started by Herbertina Merrique V, March 19, 2009, 09:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbertina Merrique V

A friend of mine, who watched me lurking here and was startled by the amount of nasty evil asshattery around this place, asked why I search the company of such awful fucktards and jaded misanthropes - people who most definitely are not nice, who lie and cheat and argue without even having a proper reason for that.

Well that friend was a cabbage, obviously.

If you spend time in a community which mostly bashes its members and tries its very best to fuck their reality up in completely unfair manners, you really don't have a reason to trust that community. Sure, the people there have great ideas, they can sometimes even cooperate to produce brilliant fireworks of anti-spaggotry and WIN, but at random times, they just turn their backs and mock and deride you for whatever reasons they invent.

In caring and friendly communities, you learn that the people around you are on your side and want to see you succeed in life - you begin to believe they know what's good for you, that their rules and manners are actually designed to set you free.
But if the people around you are filled with the beautiful, annoying, horrible, wonderful little thing called discord, you obviously begin to question them. Unless you are a godawful jerk, that is. The group does not develop a strong dogmatic code of behaviour, or at least not as strong as the one found in more loving communities. Fuckers make you use your brain; Discordians should stick apart, and in this case, the best way to do so is getting together.

We are teh Discordian society and we love you by throwing shit all over your ugly little spagface, spag.

Uh, seriously though, think about it. A world like PD? :horrormirth:
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

Requia ☣

If th world were like PD, Roger would have access to the button.  Or would have had rather.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Thurnez Isa

A world like PD?

either it would be completely entertaining chaos, or Noodles would have us all executed...
Im thinking #2
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

hooplala

I don't see why things have to be like a Care Bears episode to be considered "caring".  Maybe for some people caring means be completely and totally honest, even if its harsh and doesn't meet the other's personal sensibilities?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The thing about people in the "real world" is that they PRETEND to be sweet and lovey and caring, and they give you shitty advice and you die and they don't go to your funeral.

Here, we'll call you a moron to your face, give you good advice that you didn't want to hear, and if you don't take it we'll drive the 800 miles to cry at your funeral, and mean it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Nigel on March 20, 2009, 04:13:13 AM
The thing about people in the "real world" is that they PRETEND to be sweet and lovey and caring, and they give you shitty advice and you die and they don't go to your funeral.

Here, we'll call you a moron to your face, give you good advice that you didn't want to hear, and if you don't take it we'll drive the 800 miles to cry at your funeral, and mean it.

This is true.

I pretty much have a brutal truth policy IRL. I only curb when I honestly think the truth is going to do much more harm and no good. Most people think I'm an asshole who rips on everyone and is always sour, but my closer friends have begun to see things differently. See, on the other edge of that sword, when I say something nice or complimentary it's known that I honestly deeply mean it and am not just throwing away niceties as a way to pussy out of confrontation. It actually means something. I don't know how people can take compliments from the rest of society, it's usually flattery bullshit.

Case in point: Simon Cowell (American Idol). Total asshole, but when he says something nice or complimentary it means 1000 times more than when those other idiots say something.
This space for rent.

LMNO

"lie and cheat"?

I may be an asshole, but I'm not a politician.

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hunter s.durden

Quote from: LMNO on March 20, 2009, 01:04:15 PM
"lie and cheat"?

We're not all bastions of morality like you.

I cheat like a motherfucker in here.
This space for rent.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: hunter s.durden on March 20, 2009, 03:33:00 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 20, 2009, 01:04:15 PM
"lie and cheat"?

We're not all bastions of morality like you.

I cheat like a motherfucker in here.

It's the second rule of the "Full House Cabal"
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jasper

A world like this forum would have roving gangs of dysfunctional debate teams and refugee centers filled with eccentric master chefs.

LMNO

hooplala

I would rather live in a world of people dressed like The Crow.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Aufenthatt

Quote from: Nigel on March 20, 2009, 04:13:13 AM

This