News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Been An Error There Has!

Started by ~, December 11, 2009, 10:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

Been An Error There Has!

Cait M. R.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Payne

The fact that it looks like one of us isn't proof that it is.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Faust

Whoever it was knew your password, otherwise they couldn't have changed it back to it.
I don't know what damage was done so I couldn't tell if i was someone from here or not.

Triple Zero

Do I need to go into the server logs to see who checked this thread between it was started and Reply#3 (which was when you said it was back to okay?), I think SMF logs that kind of stuff, but it might also just create a whole bunch of innocent suspects.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 11, 2009, 02:54:54 PM
Do I need to go into the server logs to see who checked this thread between it was started and Reply#3 (which was when you said it was back to okay?), I think SMF logs that kind of stuff, but it might also just create a whole bunch of innocent suspects.
It doesn't log in the times a person was on, it logs the last time someone was on, so if they are online now theres no way to know.

Triple Zero

well there's a lot more stuff being logged than just that, it just depends on how deep you want to poke. for instance, it has to know whether a thread has been "read" or not, for every user, even, dunno if there's a timestamp attached to that, it saves a lot of things (dunno for how long) in order to be able to present the information shown in the "who's online now" screen, and additionally there are the apache logs that I could grep for thread ID 23309 in the timeslot between 11am and 11.30 (my time).

however, I dont have much time anymore this afternoon and I'm off to the land of crappy internets this weekend, so it's a moot point now.

The Good Reverend Roger

I cannot tell a lie.

Triple Zero did it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.