News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on December 20, 2013, 04:19:24 AM
Just to clarify:  This isn't an official image. I made it for fun because on the surface the project seemed pretty cool and I felt it was a fair participatory replacement to a request for an interview from Placid Dingo. I come here to find a thread which reveals there is far more backstory to this than I could ever hope to figure out.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a Discordian project without a load of broken hearts.

I just wanted to read the end product, from what I've seen It's Smashing :)!
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 03:45:19 AM
Especially since Dingo sacrificed his standing here for journalistic integrity.

Not true.  It wasn't journalistic integrity, it was "control".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 20, 2013, 04:31:41 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 20, 2013, 03:45:19 AM

Which he thought everybody was trying to wrest from him by refusing to participate because Uncle BadTouch was involved.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on December 20, 2013, 09:07:14 PM

Which he thought everybody was trying to wrest from him by refusing to participate because Uncle BadTouch was involved.

It is ultimately his project, and he can maintain whatever control he wants over it.

That control comes at a cost though. Not the least which of being that Roger is probably one of the most notable contemporary Discordian thinkers, and Uncle BadTouch being an anomaly.

I mean, yeah, if he wants to show the very obscure dark side of Discordia and call it journalistic integrity, then, ok.

But he is automatically cutting himself off from relevancy in the process.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 21, 2013, 05:35:34 AM

It is ultimately his project, and he can maintain whatever control he wants over it.

That control comes at a cost though. Not the least which of being that Roger is probably one of the most notable contemporary Discordian thinkers, and Uncle BadTouch being an anomaly.

I mean, yeah, if he wants to show the very obscure dark side of Discordia and call it journalistic integrity, then, ok.

Balls.  Roger is one asshat among many asshats.  Thing is, he cut off 80% of the asshats, to please a pedo cult leader.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 21, 2013, 05:47:50 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 21, 2013, 05:35:34 AM

Balls.  Roger is one asshat among many asshats.  Thing is, he cut off 80% of the asshats, to please a pedo cult leader.

How does this affect my shares in RogerCorp?

Payne

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on December 21, 2013, 07:17:14 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on December 21, 2013, 05:47:50 AM

How does this affect my shares in RogerCorp?

Supply of RogerTM has never been so low, whilst we are in the midst of unprecedented demand. The basic economics are there for a canny individual to make an absolute killing on the trading floor. But let's talk about why investment in RogerCorp is a good long-term play.

RogerTM is an aspirational product that promises to fundamentally change the way the American public looks at their daily entertainment, nutritional, educational and back hair related needs. It satisfies a niche in the market not covered by tinned foodstuffs, over the counter medication and over 90% of magazine publications. RogerTM's patented technology is highly unlikely to be developed by our competitors for at least 15 years, by which time we will have established an unshakable foothold and fundamentally shifted the paradigm of the great American publics perception of life, death and even money.

It's so necessary for our glorious future that investing in RogerCorp should be legally required at this point.

Junkenstein

It seems worth noting that shares of Rogercorp reaching this all time high was the result of your typical "Pump and Dump" scam.

Rogercorp executives were last seen selling all shares and boarding an aircraft for an unknown destination. The reasons for the trip were unclear but they seemed to be carrying large sacks with dollar signs. The significance of this has yet to be determined.

Gladys, 104, invested her entire wealth into Rogercorp and now has to go back to work in the mines.

Brokers are advising everyone to invest in Nigelcorp ASAP to mitigate losses.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

EK WAFFLR

I just got caught up here. Jesus christ.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 03, 2014, 12:45:21 PM
It seems worth noting that shares of Rogercorp reaching this all time high was the result of your typical "Pump and Dump" scam.

Rogercorp executives were last seen selling all shares and boarding an aircraft for an unknown destination. The reasons for the trip were unclear but they seemed to be carrying large sacks with dollar signs. The significance of this has yet to be determined.

Gladys, 104, invested her entire wealth into Rogercorp and now has to go back to work in the mines.

:lulz: at both your and Payne's post.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 17, 2014, 02:27:25 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on January 03, 2014, 12:45:21 PM

:lulz: at both your and Payne's post.

Seconded!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Bump for ancient hilarity.
Molon Lube

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube