News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Happy 420 guize :3

Started by notathing, April 20, 2010, 07:55:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Pope Pixie Pickle

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

That's probably for the best.

It is quite literally a Scary Black Man.

Cramulus

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on April 20, 2010, 03:33:24 PM
I actually meant to use the hippie one originally, I just couldn't remember the code.  Somewhat annoyingly, it turned out to be :hippie:

So, you wanted to type "hippie", but accidentally typed "ECH", it's a common mistake, easy to get mixed up, I suppse :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Suu

I thought it had to do with the Great American Smoke-Out.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

So - topical story

I had this friend over last night who was miserable.

He's been dating this french girl for about six years. This week, she was supposed to visit. He rented an expensive apartment in NYC for the week, and on their first night there, he was going to propose to her.

so the chick can't fly to the states because of this volcanic fiasco. My buddy was saddd...

So we said, "dude, it's going to be midnight in about 10 minutes, which makes it some kind of made up stoner holiday. As your short term spiritual advisors, I recommend you get as stoned as possible."

He had never smoked before. But about two puffs later, my friend was giggling his ass off. He laughed so hard he fell on the floor and couldn't catch his breath. It was like we were witnessing some kind of rapture. It really saved his night.

Can you imagine all the anxiety of getting geared up to propose to somebody, and then she can't actually make it? and the expensive apartment? aww I felt so bad for him. I was so happy that we could cheer him up a little.

and like, his third eye opened, man!
          /
:hippie:

Suu

I have to admit that's probably one of the coolest eruptions I've ever seen.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got an email notice that shipping on a book I ordered has been delayed "due to volcanic activity".

Best excuse for a shipping delay EVER.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on April 20, 2010, 10:30:56 AM

Also, Waco, Oklahoma City, and Columbine.

Whoop, Whoop?

Waco and Oklahoma City were yesterday, actually. Close enough.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

BabylonHoruv

I was in California last year on 4:20.  My wife and I are going to be moving out there and I was getting my first chance to check out the city of LA.  I was down on Venice beach on the day in question and was rather surprised at the amount of public consumption of marijuana, as well as the business cards being handed out for doctors willing to prescribe it.  I didn't realize what day it was at the time, I have never been enough of a smoker for it to be a very big deal for me, but thinking about it afterwards it made a lot of sense.  I am still not sure if loads of public pot smoking and business cards for pot doctors are the norm or not, guess I'll find out when I go back out there.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My housemate informed me today that she is moving out at the end of May! :D :D :D

Happy 4/20, indeed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

I celebrated 420 by continuing to not do something I already didn't do, and eating a fantastic sandwich.

Mmm that was a good sandwich.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".