News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

TRIP'S USA TRIP

Started by Triple Zero, January 18, 2011, 08:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwarzwälderkirschtorte

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 27, 2011, 06:58:26 PM
You know 000, if you managed to smuggle a bottle or two of Westvleteren over here you'd be AN FUCKING FOREVER AWESOME SUPER HERO!

Which one do you like:
    * Westvleteren 6 (blond), 5,8% vol., green bolltecap
    * Westvleteren 8 (brown), 8% vol., blue bolltecap
    * Westvleteren 12 (brown), 10,2% vol., yellow bolltecap

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Hrmmm, may have to change my plans for that weekend!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Suu

OMG. Where are we going to put all these people?!  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Schwarzwälderkirschtorte on January 27, 2011, 07:48:58 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on January 27, 2011, 06:58:26 PM
You know 000, if you managed to smuggle a bottle or two of Westvleteren over here you'd be AN FUCKING FOREVER AWESOME SUPER HERO!

Which one do you like:
    * Westvleteren 6 (blond), 5,8% vol., green bolltecap
    * Westvleteren 8 (brown), 8% vol., blue bolltecap
    * Westvleteren 12 (brown), 10,2% vol., yellow bolltecap
Any! Cause we can't get any here unless we order them off the Internet. I found and awesome deal but the shipping was a hundred dollars. I was crushed. I will gladly make a trade :D

Cramulus

Quote from: Suu on January 27, 2011, 08:03:42 PM

I'm just going to throw this out there in case people bite

a few years back we had planned on doing a HAUNTED CT MEET UP at a bed and breakfast somewhere in new england. I found a few places where you can rent out a townhouse for the weekend for relatively cheap. (Captain Grant's Inn has a three bedroom guest house that they rent for $500/weekend)

here was the thread:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=16927.msg551380#msg551380

Sir Squid Diddimus

I'm totally down for that kind of thing!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on January 27, 2011, 08:33:55 PM
Quote from: Suu on January 27, 2011, 08:03:42 PM

I'm just going to throw this out there in case people bite

a few years back we had planned on doing a HAUNTED CT MEET UP at a bed and breakfast somewhere in new england. I found a few places where you can rent out a townhouse for the weekend for relatively cheap. (Captain Grant's Inn has a three bedroom guest house that they rent for $500/weekend)

here was the thread:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=16927.msg551380#msg551380

Sounds fun...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Suu

...This is Memorial Day weekend in beach states, not October. I guarantee all B&B's have been booked for a year already, I know there isn't a campground in RI that has vacancy either. Not to mention all the college commencements in the cities. Brown is graduating that weekend, which means a guaranteed Waterfire at least.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

not necessarily.. It's still January right now, I'm positive there are B&B's in new england which havent' been booked yet. The place I pointed at is in Preston CT - not a beach town.

I'm kind of unclear about whether this has three or six bedrooms, but the rate is actually really nice, considering we'd get our own kitchen, porch, grill, etc : http://www.rentstagecoachinn.com/

I don't want to try to seize the gathering if you're intent at having it at your place! I just think it'd be cool if we had our own house for the weekend in the middle of nowhere - and we could actually do it real cheap if we split the cost. (the benefit of having a large group)

how big of a group are we talking about, anyway?

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on January 27, 2011, 09:21:27 PM
not necessarily.. It's still January right now, I'm positive there are B&B's in new england which havent' been booked yet. The place I pointed at is in Preston CT - not a beach town.

I'm kind of unclear about whether this has three or six bedrooms, but the rate is actually really nice, considering we'd get our own kitchen, porch, grill, etc : http://www.rentstagecoachinn.com/

I don't want to try to seize the gathering if you're intent at having it at your place! I just think it'd be cool if we had our own house for the weekend in the middle of nowhere - and we could actually do it real cheap if we split the cost. (the benefit of having a large group)

how big of a group are we talking about, anyway?

That depends on how many people actually make it. Trip and Torte are only 2. If Squid comes, chances are she'll bring Mr. Squid, that's another 2...If Rat comes with Sjaantze...another 2.

In Rhode Island, you have me, Richter, Dimo and GS. in Mass you have EoC in New Bedford, Leln in Worcester and then the entire Boston contingent. In CT we have Mangrove and Cainad, and then you're in NY. We also have another friend in Providence that's within walking distance of the Monastery and Angband-Beyond-the-Pineapple that has offered housing as she has a huge living room and an empty bedroom. You know at least where the Monastery is. We can get them on a bus or train to wherever they need to go pretty much on foot, including buses directly to TF Green and Logan.

Also, if we rent a house in CT, especially in small town CT, it's going to be hard for us to all go to Boston for a day or 2, or to get the Dutchspags and other out-of-staters where they need to go public transportation-wise. New London isn't far, but it isn't cheap to get in and out of on the train either, and it's damn near impossible to get anything to Norwich.

Sure, it's practical and worth it, but they want to see America, not spags in a house in the middle of nowhere. Just sayin'.

Also think about if you're definitely going to have Memorial Day off. I'm guaranteed, I'm a state employee...but not everyone may be that fortunate.

So things to ponder: Affordability, availability, accessibility, and allowed amounts of spaggotry.

I don't know about your summer plans, but Richter, GS, and myself are planning for Pennsic, and that's a finance drainer. This is also the weekend after SPWF, and I'll have summer classes.

Schwarzwälderkirschtorte

Quote from: Suu on January 27, 2011, 08:49:52 PM
...This is Memorial Day weekend in beach states, not October. I guarantee all B&B's have been booked for a year already, I know there isn't a campground in RI that has vacancy either. Not to mention all the college commencements in the cities. Brown is graduating that weekend, which means a guaranteed Waterfire at least.

Shouldn´t we have considerd this in the first place BEFORE picking a date? There was the option om 12 June.
I thougt this area was only full booked during the Indian summer? I still can change my vacation days...

Quote from: Suu on January 27, 2011, 09:55:59 PM
Also, if we rent a house in CT, especially in small town CT, it's going to be hard for us to all go to Boston for a day or 2, or to get the Dutchspags and other out-of-staters where they need to go public transportation-wise. New London isn't far, but it isn't cheap to get in and out of on the train either, and it's damn near impossible to get anything to Norwich.

Sure, it's practical and worth it, but they want to see America, not spags in a house in the middle of nowhere. Just sayin'.

We are fine! We'll get a rental car. I can drive, just got my international drivers licence, so I can drive in America. The things was, I did't want to be the only driver on a three week stay on the West-coast. But it defnitly was my intention to get a car for two week or so to drive through New England and surroundings (New York State/Toronto/Pennsylvania).

We are NO WAY the usual tourists. So far, the best times I had abroad were hanging out with the locals. I like to study the customs and habits of the REAL people, just as they are: maori, inuit, mexicans and spags! It will be a great field study.
  :cheers:

No, but seriously, we are three weeks in the US of A, so a relaxing weekend is quite the best thing to do after one week of NYC!
And isn't 99% of America called: 'middle of nowhere'? So, we should check out what this part of America is all about  :D

Only problem is... I don't like haunted houses  :aaa:

Schwarzwälderkirschtorte

O and by the way:

for those who can´t get a sleep cause they were wondering how to pronaunce Schwarzwälderkirschtorte, think about

shwarts-well-der-kirsh-tort-ee 

http://www.google.com/images?q=schwarzw%C3%A4lder+kirschtorte&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=de&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=645

If you organize a good weekend, you get cake!

Sir Squid Diddimus

I like her already!

I wouldn't mind renting a car either, since I'm not all about staying my whole trip in RI. I'd love to see Boston and NY too if I can squeeze em all in.

Also Suu, I'll definitely be staying in hotels since I don't want to be awake for days at a time on a vacation. I have a weird ass sleep disorder than I can't even explain and sleeping in someone's house is an absolutely impossible thing. So no worries about where to put the 2 of us.

Eater of Clowns

NB isn't exactly centrally located - half hour from Providence and an hour from Boston - and my only furniture is a love seat, but if anyone's hard up for a place to crash I can offer up floor space.  Bring your own floor padding!

I'm inclined to believe along with Suu that Memorial Day reservations will be damned near impossible to make, even this far back.  Graduations are huge, and it's a big kick off for most people's summer activities.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Schwarzwälderkirschtorte

Ok, I just have been told that 'haunted' in America just means an attrackion. Every house that is older than 100 years is called haunted.
So I'm fine with it.