News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

The Moth Flails Smoldering on the Ground

Started by TheAudience, May 19, 2021, 01:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAudience

This wasn't the cool brilliance of a 65W porch light to which it had grown accustomed.
This was the flickering, enchanting light of an open flame torch.
Evolution allows for a lot of stupidity. I need no more proof of this than a mirror.

I admire the participants and the works on this forum. But I often wonder if the aspects of my psyche which cause my admiration, are the same aspects that make me utterly unfit to aspire to your company. The energy with which you lot engage in spats (friendly or otherwise) I can see clearly enough because it contrasts my own timid and tired, unconfrontational demeanor. Your willingness to repeatedly scrape your fingers against the rough edges of reality in order to dislodge a few hard won concepts to use as tools for navigating your lives, vs my tortured metaphors, stuffed with fancy words, and devoid of all useful substance. I feel compelled to continue because of the rule of threes, but it's probably best to cut this short.

From the quiet moth to the roaring flame...
From the unwary grayface cabbage that came wandering into the discordian spaces...
I'm probably going to break due to my attraction to you some day.
I'm not sure it can be helped.
Apologies in advance if it's necessary,
for leaving my smoldering corpse nearby,
and all my other fundamental misunderstandings.
registered to see the fatberg.

Doktor Howl

Have you spoken with Queen Gogira about Holy Nonsense™?

Molon Lube

TheAudience

I've not been introduced to Queen Gogira. I am but a quiet simpleton and lack the faith that I am worthy of anyone's time.

Oh... Just googled. now I feel like a dumb. So that is what "QG" in QGPennyworth stands for. I've seen them around the forms and I've poked through the 2017 edition of Holy Nonsense. But I've never actually had a conversation with them.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: TheAudience on May 19, 2021, 03:45:49 PM
I've not been introduced to Queen Gogira. I am but a quiet simpleton and lack the faith that I am worthy of anyone's time.

Oh... Just googled. now I feel like a dumb. So that is what "QG" in QGPennyworth stands for. I've seen them around the forms and I've poked through the 2017 edition of Holy Nonsense. But I've never actually had a conversation with them.

You should.  Your stuff is good, and should go in the next issue.
Molon Lube

TheAudience

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 19, 2021, 04:11:01 PM
Quote from: TheAudience on May 19, 2021, 03:45:49 PM

You should.  Your stuff is good, and should go in the next issue.

That means a lot to me coming from you. I'll consider it. And I'll try posting here more frequently.