News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hello Waffles on November 19, 2014, 12:41:58 PM
My grandfather (the one who survived cancer twice) died this morning. Blood poisoning. I'm devastated.

Sorry to hear that.   :cry:
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 21, 2014, 01:50:23 PM
See, that just made me happy.  Thanks, Cain!

Well, it depends on what is happening with the patch.  The gameplay isn't so bad, about 5 FPS drop, maybe 10 with a lot of NPCs around or in a very chaotic fight. 

But the cutscenes are micro-stuttering, both on the video and the audio side of things.  Admittedly, recording doesn't make this any worse, but it's still not helpful, and BioWare are aware there is a memory leak issue that they need to resolve.

Ben Shapiro

To all you guys who are having a bad time right now sorry to hear about that. Punch through it, and raise hell,scream,kick,punch,yell if you have too. Hope things get better soon.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I made too many origami boxes. Cookie making is complicated.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So, my boyfriend has been a huge pain in the ass to spend any time with at all for the last six weeks or so. I think I gotta call it, but it's really hard to break up with someone YOU NEVER SEE.

I thought we had a standing date on Sundays, so last week he was working in my neighborhood and got off at six. I was all "you wanna head over here or should I meet you there?" thinking it was a fifteen-minute walk and then we could do dinner. He says "I'm heading to [restaurant in other part of town] if you want to meet me there".

??? Why the fuck would he LEAVE MY NEIGHBORHOOD and expect me to bus across town for dinner, when he was already here?

This week, he has a friend in town. Friend turns out to be vegan. This is Portland, so every restaurant has vegan options, but apparently she has to eat at a pure untainted vegan establishment. Boy asks for suggestions. I don't fucking know, I don't go to vegan restaurants. Boy suggests they come and pick me up and take me to a bar near my house. I mention that it's more of a hipster bar with vegan food than a dinner place, and mention that if they want a better dining experience that I don't mind bussing and meeting them somewhere. My friend suggests a nice place in SE that's fairly easy to get to from here.

Boy texts me today and says that they're going to a place that's about ten blocks from his house, which has the same owners and menu as the original place he suggested in my neighborhood. So, my attempt to accommodate the vegan so she can have better food now means that I have to take two buses across town and back again for the same lousy food I could have had up the street.

Great.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with just normal dinner dates? This seems to be an impossibility in his world for some reason. I am done.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's lame, but it's not like I'm in love with him or anything. I just really liked the guy but it's too much work to spend any time with him, and I'm getting weird mixed signals, like he talks about how much he misses me but doesn't make any effort to see me, and basically will NOT come to my house unless he's going to spend the night... which doesn't work for me at all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There's also an element of "really? I subsidized you and gave you rides all summer, and you can't even pick a dinner place that's near the halfway point?"

Reginald Ret

Your arguments are valid.
Good luck with finding him so you can break up.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 23, 2014, 09:12:50 PM
So, my boyfriend has been a huge pain in the ass to spend any time with at all for the last six weeks or so. I think I gotta call it, but it's really hard to break up with someone YOU NEVER SEE.

Then

QuoteThis week, he has a friend in town. Friend turns out to be vegan. This is Portland, so every restaurant has vegan options, but apparently she has to eat at a pure untainted vegan establishment. .

Am I the only person seeing the potential, here?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 24, 2014, 12:52:07 AM
Quote from: Sexy St. Nigel on November 23, 2014, 09:12:50 PM

Then

QuoteThis week, he has a friend in town. Friend turns out to be vegan. This is Portland, so every restaurant has vegan options, but apparently she has to eat at a pure untainted vegan establishment. .

Am I the only person seeing the potential, here?

:lulz: I think I missed my chance.

I am going to go meet them at a non-vegan bar after dinner, though.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm half-expecting to be told that they're not going there after all, but instead to a bar that is in the opposite direction and would take three buses an hour and half to get to from my house.