News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Alternate Take On Original Snub, Version #4

Started by hooplala, August 09, 2005, 03:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Aegis-bearing Zeus' annual marble competition was well renowned throughout the worlds of the gods, and every deity worth their salt was invited, from Jehovah to Odin, except for one:  Eris called Strife, goddess of Chaos, Confusion, Calamity and paperclips.

Zeus stood near the mound, and held up his prize marble, made from the clearest diamond, with a tiny Gorgon head placed inside.  Light from Apollo's flaming chariot in the sky glinted off the surface and scorched into the divine retinas of the holy beings gathered.  "With this glorious marble I shall once again take the championship . . . I will crush all of the opposition, and claim all your marbles.  What say you all?  Who is ready?"

Jehovah walked forward, and tossed his long grey beard over his shoulder, pulling out his new marble.  It appeared to be a rough-hewn stone.  "This marble of mine is a stone that was used to bash out the brains of a heathen who dared to not believe in me.  That, I will not stand for.  I must be acknowledged as supreme ruler of the entire universe, and all who do not bow to me will be crushed out of existence and roasted in the burning brimstone pits of hell, which I conveniently created for just such a purpose.  But, also let it be known that I am a loving god."

"Yes yes yes," said Zeus.  "We all know about your worship complex, and your bipolar disorder . . . very very very old news.  Are you ready to lose that pebble to me?  Who else shall play?"

Odin stepped forward, squinting heavily.  "I will play you, you miserable letch.  See this, I have plucked mine own eye from my head, knowing it will give me all the power and knowledge I need to stomp your sorry ass.  This time I shall not be beaten, and will be able to retire to Valhalla in peace."

"In pieces, is more like it, if you keep up talking that sort of rot,"  Zeus snarled at Odin.  He turned and gazed over the faces of the other gods and goddesses.  "Who else shall play marbles with me and lose?"

I SHALL PLAY,  came a loud husky female voice.  BUT I DO NOT INTEND TO LOSE.

Zeus wheeled around, and stared at a tall goddess with wild blonde and black hair dancing in the breeze.  One eye was blue and the other was green.  "Eris Nancy Discordia!"  cried Aegis-bearing Zeus.  "Of all the nerve!  I deliberately did not invite you, you always fuck around with the marbles while they are on the playing area . . . more than once my dominance has been brought into question due to your fucking around.  Forget it, you are not playing.  Leave the mound!"

Eris smiled sweetly.  PLEASE DO NOT BLAME ME BECAUSE YOU ARE COCK-EYED . . . THE ONLY REASON AT ALL YOU CONSTANTLY WIN IS BECAUSE THE OTHERS CANNOT BARE TO LISTEN TO YOUR WHIMPERING WHEN YOU LOSE.  THEY FIND IT TEDIOUS AND BORING . . . I DO NOT, BECAUSE I, MYSELF, AM NOT BORING, AND ERGO CANNOT BE BORED . . . ON THE CONTRARY, I FIND IT RATHER GIGGLE-INDUCING.

Zeus snarled:  "Just get the fuck out of here, with all speed."

NOT A PROBLEM, BUT BEFORE I GO PERHAPS ONE OF THE OTHER GODS WOULD LIKE TO USE MY LUCKY GOLD MARBLE IN MY PLACE?  and Eris held up a beautiful and glittering golden sphere, which had etched in the side "For The Luckiest".

Jehovah and Odin both stepped forward at the same moment.  "I'll take it." Jehovah said, just as Odin cried the same thing.  Dionysus and Thor both jumped forward at that moment, but Jesus Christ jumped onto their backs and knocked their heads together.  

DON'T FIGHT, CHILDREN, Eris called out, LET'S DO IT FAIRLY . . .  and with a wide arc in her swing, Eris tossed the gold marble high into the clear blue sky and screamed: SCRAAAAAAAAAMBLE!

Every single god and goddess on the mound made a mad jump at where they thought the marble would land, many an elbow bloodied many a mouth, and several fingers grabbed fistfuls of hair and pulled.  Teeth bit, nails scratched.  Zeus' prize marble rolled out of the ruckus, covered in white god blood, and Eris picked it up, wiped the blood off on her robes, and floated up into the sky, laughing uproariously.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Iron Sulfide

me likie..

The Original Snub, or, How The Gods Lost Their Marbles
Ya' stupid Yank.

Boo!

Dress up a monkey in Armani, he may seem precocious and cute.
Despite all that primpin', you still got a chimp in a suit.

Buy him a castle, he'll still be an asshole, and nothing you do will change that-
He's still just a stinky little minkey in a dinky little suit and a cheap little hat!

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Jenne

This was awesome, Hoops.  I think I read it when you bumped it a while back, but had forgotten it.  Thanks for bumping, CPD!

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman