News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

"Nihilism light"

Started by Lenin McCarthy, November 20, 2013, 06:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popeluvicasksc

Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 27, 2013, 02:00:54 PM
Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 27, 2013, 05:37:34 AM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on November 26, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 06:30:55 PM
You're absolutely right. Trying to shake off the monotony of rhetorical dialogue, obligatory sentiments and micro-transactions in pseudo-emotional investment in order to rekindle some sort of real connection, personal involvement and productive existence outside the social boundaries that we've been brainwashed to believe are normalcy sounds like just what this world needs

Holy fuck, this scans exactly the same as one of LMNO's corporate jargon riffs. Congratulations. You've elevated pseudo-intellectual wankery to an artform  :retard:

Hey Thanks!
Now that I see how things operate around here I figure I'd better start blending in by puffing up my ego and acting affronted by everything anyone else has the audacity to post. If only I could get my head a little further up my ass I could actually start to believe that anyone gives a fuck about what is posted on this obscure and dying, probably due to the shitty holier than thou attitudes that seem to prevail, forum. Your opinion means the world to me, choke on it.

Clearly the obvious answer is to continue posting at a forum you loathe.

Hey, like I said, apologies for the rocky entrance.
"Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others."- Pinhead

hooplala

Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 27, 2013, 03:31:25 PM
You're absolutely right. Trying to shake off the monotony of rhetorical dialogue, obligatory sentiments and micro-transactions in pseudo-emotional investment in order to rekindle some sort of real connection, personal involvement and productive existence outside the social boundaries that we've been brainwashed to believe are normalcy sounds like just what this world needs

Holy fuck, this scans exactly the same as one of LMNO's corporate jargon riffs. Congratulations. You've elevated pseudo-intellectual wankery to an artform  :retard:

Hey Thanks!
Now that I see how things operate around here I figure I'd better start blending in by puffing up my ego and acting affronted by everything anyone else has the audacity to post. If only I could get my head a little further up my ass I could actually start to believe that anyone gives a fuck about what is posted on this obscure and dying, probably due to the shitty holier than thou attitudes that seem to prevail, forum. Your opinion means the world to me, choke on it.

Daruko?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hey Thanks!

Obviously, if you go to a party where you don't know anyone, the first thing you should do is point and laugh, and the second thing you should do is escalate the hostility with anyone who calls you on it.

Also make sure to act as if everyone at the party is represented by the one or two people who tell you to fuck off. Almost everybody appreciates being treated like a homogenous mass of You People, know what I mean?

Works for making friends and impressing people every time!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 27, 2013, 04:14:22 PM
Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 27, 2013, 03:31:25 PM

Hey Thanks!

Daruko?

Pic looks like him, but I know Daruko IRL, and he's too fucking smart to do the same shit he did a few years back.  He's a biped, and can learn from past experience.

So, no.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Penumbral

Quote from: :regret: on November 21, 2013, 09:17:00 AM
Diet Nihillism is a terrifying concept.

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on November 20, 2013, 06:29:50 PM
Realizing that the world does not revolve around yourselves, and that pretending it does eventually will break your necks. It involves not giving a few less fucks about the dominant ideologies of POSITIVITY and HEALTHINESS and NORMALITY, and instead just having a good time and being a decent human being. (This is very much a reminder to myself.)

This seems like the take away from your post. I don't think this is much like nihilism but rather a stoic mindset. Stoicism and Nihilism can coexist is a moral and metaphysical way respectively. However, there seems to be no hint as to a nihilistic mindset in this rant. In fact...

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on November 20, 2013, 06:29:50 PM
All even remotely successful empires and states in human history have had to rely on some sort of ideology to legitimize itself...

Politics is just administration and theatre. Nevermind the possibility that "the market" is not a metaphysical being, some sort of deity demanding regular sacrifices to save us from oblivion. Nevermind the possibility that what is really happening is that the decision-making process is being moved somewhere less accessible for us mere mortals...

I think this hints at a sort of displeasure with others moral ideals which to me seems a little counter intuitive for a nihilistic takeaway. However, I like to points you are making here.

I think the deity you are talking about is the morality of money. When what is RIGHT is money and your god is capitalism one can still feel morally justified using any means to make money. This, I believe, is how we have so many environmental and human rights catastrophes without widespread cognitive dissonance. Everything horrible these people have done was done in the name of their god so how can it be morally wrong.

Thanks for the post.