News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Grilled cheese for people who fear stoves

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, April 01, 2010, 05:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Ingredients:
- sliced bread
- butter or pseudo-butter spread
- cheese
- cooked ham or bacon (optional)

Devices:
- toaster
- microwave

Steps:
1) toast two slices of bread in the toaster, keeping one eye on the stove to make sure it doesn't attack you
2) butter one side of both pieces of toast
3) pile cheese on one piece of bread. If you use ham or bacon, stick that inbetween two slices of cheese
4) put the other piece of toast on top, butter down, then flip over
5) cook it in the microwave until the cheese is visibly bubbling out the side

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Jasper

Okay, but I have to ask...

Who the fuck is afraid of stoves?

Freeky

People who regularly burn water, I would imagine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I didn't burn water per-se -- I just set aflame wet spaghetti submerged in lots of water.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Batty Kissinger

Shit. I love the smell when water starts to caramelize.
Blue potatoes are ungainly things
As are red and purple lamb chops
Yet when we eat and creep and fall
We never ask a silent question. --Racter

h-town

Well I'm not too keen on this "recipe" for grilled cheese.. but the trick to grilled cheese, if there are any tricks, is to use a low heat; like 4 on a standard issue apartment dweller stove top. Also, watching the stove tends to repel fire.

Lately I've been making these grilled bacon, avacado and brie cheese sandwiches with a little hot sauce. I make the bacon in a microwave wrapped in paper towel first instead of using the same pan I'd grill the sandwich in.

Freeky

H-town, you have been elevated from not-annoying newb to AWESOME newb.

Congratulations. :D

h-town

Ever try a banana, peanut butter and chocolate chip grilled sandwich? Elvis was really onto something.

Mashed strawberry and honey works really well on this too.

Pope Pixie Pickle

I been taking ciabatta rolls and toasting em on the stove in a pan. Little olive oil instead of butter, and then putting cream cheese on the heel, pastrami and then mustard on the crown, with some strong herb salad on there. I had two for lunch yesterday and had a very contented nap. 

Also that strawberries thing sounds good.

Jenne

I took a page from a thread on eb&g where Cain and Daniel were talking about the yumminess of mixing Worcestershire sauce with other condiments and adding it to bread/grilled cheese for tastiness.

So I mix the Worcestershire sauce, mayo, dijon (and now this UK pickle I found...mmm...) together, put with a slice of cheese (any sliceable kind) on bread and toast it open-faced.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: h-town on April 12, 2010, 07:14:50 PM
Well I'm not too keen on this "recipe" for grilled cheese.. but the trick to grilled cheese, if there are any tricks, is to use a low heat; like 4 on a standard issue apartment dweller stove top. Also, watching the stove tends to repel fire.

Lately I've been making these grilled bacon, avacado and brie cheese sandwiches with a little hot sauce. I make the bacon in a microwave wrapped in paper towel first instead of using the same pan I'd grill the sandwich in.

Hey, you somehow managed to save this thread! Well-done.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

I just realized I don't have Worcestershiire sauce, and no tabasco either.

This I need to fix.

note to self, also buy peanut butter. and moar cheese. and possibly bacon.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Rumckle

Quote from: h-town on April 12, 2010, 07:14:50 PM
I make the bacon in a microwave wrapped in paper towel first instead of using the same pan I'd grill the sandwich in.

I counter idea with this evidence:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=23204.0
(courtesy of Trip Zip)

Nowadays when I have bacon for breakfast I usually save the fat to make a grilled cheese sandwich later.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.