News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Now endorsed by Foodbabe!

Started by Dildo Argentino, October 27, 2014, 12:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 09, 2014, 09:42:38 AM
In other news, I'm moving back to London.

Not only will I be living in central London for a ridiculously low rent, I will also be living next to a massage school.

Woohoo! Congrats!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Not only will I be living in central London for a ridiculously low rent, I will also be living next to a massage school.

THIS...sounds fabulous.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Junkenstein

QuoteNo, it's a classy joint, from what I can see.  Would have to be though, given property prices and rental in the area.

So what's the plan? Subdivide the shit out of it and live like a slumlord elsewhere?

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Move 4 attachments from 3 locations to a site in Europe about 900 miles away? At 4:40PM?

NO PROBLEM.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Demolition Squid

I probably should have guessed that this program would be bollocks. 'The Secrets of Quantum Mechanics'.

I wouldn't say I have a strong understanding of the subject (although the stuff I've read here over the years has helped), but I am actively cringing as this Professor of Physics presents a show which features a man in a devil mask dealing cards (the 'evil quantum dealer' who may or may not be rigging the deck) and concludes with 'and remember, if the number adds up to more than 2, we have absolute proof Einstein was wrong, there is no objective reality, and neither photon exists until we measure them'. Then after a bit more waffle 'in some sense, it really does suggest that the moon doesn't exist when we aren't looking at it'

Earlier he implied that this would open the door to ESP and other such 'hippy ideas'.

I could be wrong, but I thought we'd moved on from that view of quantum physics in mainstream science? This is just going to confuse and annoy people.

And super belatedly, awesome news Cain! Hope London treats you well.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

LMNO

That guy is completely full of shit. Drop the course, ask for a refund.

Demolition Squid

Ah - TV program, BBC put it out.

This is what a lot of people with a vague curiosity about quantum mechanics are going to find on the BBC Iplayer for the next few months, though.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demolition Squid on December 10, 2014, 08:13:59 PM

This is what a lot of people with a vague curiosity about quantum mechanics are going to find on the BBC Iplayer for the next few months, though.

That's either going to make the internet super extra fun over the winter, OR it's a sensationalist lead in that ends up leading to the land of NOPE, another popular route for entertainumentaries.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 10, 2014, 08:26:01 PM
Quote from: Demolition Squid on December 10, 2014, 08:13:59 PM

That's either going to make the internet super extra fun over the winter, OR it's a sensationalist lead in that ends up leading to the land of NOPE, another popular route for entertainumentaries.

It's going to be What the BLEEP Do We Know all over again!  What fun.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Spent all day being rained on while I crawled over equipment in Portland.

As a result, hot shower notwithstanding, I am fucking EXHAUSTED.

Going to bed.  G'night.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 10, 2014, 10:21:29 PM
Spent all day being rained on while I crawled over equipment in Portland.

As a result, hot shower notwithstanding, I am fucking EXHAUSTED.

Going to bed.  G'night.

Sleep tight, Princess.

Cain

Ah, patch day.  My favourite day of the year.

On patch day, the best entertainment, bar none, is going to the Bioware forums.  You are guaranteed at least:

- 100 pages of people pissing and moaning that the patch has not come quickly enough (because quality testing is for noobs and scrubs)

- 50 pages of whining that the servers have crashed due to so many people downloading the crash (even when they clearly have not, as people are managing to download them) and people blaming slow download speeds on everything except their shitty internet capabilities (guys, if I'm getting 1 MB/sec, trust me, there is no problem client side).

- 25 pages of whining that a patch was even needed.  Because beta-testing is really easy, amirite?  Speaking as someone who actually was doing beta-testing for another game not long ago, let me tell you that shit is complicated.  And the more complicated the game options and functionality, the more scope for unusual glitches and bugs.  Admittedly, I was not getting paid, but its still really hard to trigger some conditionals for some bugs.

- Another 25 pages of whining that the patch is insufficient, and does not go far enough.

- That one fucking guy who wont shut up about how he should have the option to force a lesbian character to sleep with his male one because Thedas needs to breed more elves and it is her duty to her people.  Seriously, dude, you want a rape option?

- 50 or so people bemoaning that Bioware "dont make RPGs anymore", even though that is a) inaccurate and b) has nothing to do with the topic. 

- Another 50 or so people reminding everyone that Eletronic Arts is "the worst company in America".  Because, you see, EA profits off the arms trade and sells overpriced weapons to both the USA and its enemies, and is engaged in profteering with regimes that deal in slavery, authoritarianism and oppression on a vast scale.  Oh, no, wait, that's most of the American arms and private military security industry.

- me, trolling the living daylights out of the above.

It is truly the most magical time of year.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on December 11, 2014, 07:19:03 AM
- Another 50 or so people reminding everyone that Eletronic Arts is "the worst company in America".  Because, you see, EA profits off the arms trade and sells overpriced weapons to both the USA and its enemies, and is engaged in profteering with regimes that deal in slavery, authoritarianism and oppression on a vast scale.  Oh, no, wait, that's most of the American arms and private military security industry.

:spittake:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on December 11, 2014, 07:19:03 AM
Ah, patch day.  My favourite day of the year.

On patch day, the best entertainment, bar none, is going to the Bioware forums.  You are guaranteed at least:

- 100 pages of people pissing and moaning that the patch has not come quickly enough (because quality testing is for noobs and scrubs)

- 50 pages of whining that the servers have crashed due to so many people downloading the crash (even when they clearly have not, as people are managing to download them) and people blaming slow download speeds on everything except their shitty internet capabilities (guys, if I'm getting 1 MB/sec, trust me, there is no problem client side).

- 25 pages of whining that a patch was even needed.  Because beta-testing is really easy, amirite?  Speaking as someone who actually was doing beta-testing for another game not long ago, let me tell you that shit is complicated.  And the more complicated the game options and functionality, the more scope for unusual glitches and bugs.  Admittedly, I was not getting paid, but its still really hard to trigger some conditionals for some bugs.

- Another 25 pages of whining that the patch is insufficient, and does not go far enough.

- That one fucking guy who wont shut up about how he should have the option to force a lesbian character to sleep with his male one because Thedas needs to breed more elves and it is her duty to her people.  Seriously, dude, you want a rape option?

- 50 or so people bemoaning that Bioware "dont make RPGs anymore", even though that is a) inaccurate and b) has nothing to do with the topic. 

- me, trolling the living daylights out of the above.

It is truly the most magical time of year.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel