OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Cain on December 15, 2015, 04:25:51 AM
tungsten steel tactical pen

For when the time comes to find out which really is mightier.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2015, 01:05:06 AM
The four meter dome was frozen in place today.  Simple stuff, really.  Rig up a few come-alongs, apply a couple of thousands of foot pounds of force, THEN turn the motors on.  Easy.  Of course, our vehicles outside got buried by the tons of snow and ice that fell off the dome, but you can't have everything.

Where did you move Tuscon to now?

Cain

Quote from: Xaz on December 15, 2015, 10:33:19 AM
Quote from: Cain on December 15, 2015, 04:25:51 AM
tungsten steel tactical pen

For when the time comes to find out which really is mightier.

Fortunately, there has been a lack of sword based crime in the area, so I should be good.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I am really, really digging being on break. This weekend was GREAT, and today is my first day with no tasks on my to-do list (other than submit my time sheet, which is just clicking a button).

Just relaxing and puttering around and making plans for the house is something I haven't done since I have no idea when. It's marvelous. I had a moment of stress when I realized that I paid my credit cards twice (and had a third payment scheduled for next week) but then I realized that I can just buy my shit with the credit cards and it comes out even.

I think today I might read a book and do some laundry.

FUCK YEAH, BREAK!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 15, 2015, 12:52:49 PM
The four meter dome was frozen in place today.  Simple stuff, really.  Rig up a few come-alongs, apply a couple of thousands of foot pounds of force, THEN turn the motors on.  Easy.  Of course, our vehicles outside got buried by the tons of snow and ice that fell off the dome, but you can't have everything.

I run facilities at the Kitt Peak Observatory Complex.  It's Science Heaven, and you can freeze to death in the desert sun (20F today, with 80 MPH winds, still got a bit of sunburn).

Today, we had many cold weather breakdowns, but I am Maintenance Jesus, and me and my 15 Apostles got things going at least well enough to maintain operations for the night.  But no elevators, the astronomers can use the exercise.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 16, 2015, 01:28:50 AM

I run facilities at the Kitt Peak Observatory Complex.  It's Science Heaven, and you can freeze to death in the desert sun (20F today, with 80 MPH winds, still got a bit of sunburn).

Today, we had many cold weather breakdowns, but I am Maintenance Jesus, and me and my 15 Apostles got things going at least well enough to maintain operations for the night.  But no elevators, the astronomers can use the exercise.

Sounds like an amazing job, but it also sounds like Arizona has the worst climate ever.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 15, 2015, 07:54:12 PM
I am really, really digging being on break. This weekend was GREAT, and today is my first day with no tasks on my to-do list (other than submit my time sheet, which is just clicking a button).

Just relaxing and puttering around and making plans for the house is something I haven't done since I have no idea when. It's marvelous. I had a moment of stress when I realized that I paid my credit cards twice (and had a third payment scheduled for next week) but then I realized that I can just buy my shit with the credit cards and it comes out even.

I think today I might read a book and do some laundry.

FUCK YEAH, BREAK!

You of all people deserve to enjoy a break!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cainad (dec.)

Roger, it occurs to me that you must have a very interesting commute. Or do you, like, stay onsite for a few days at a time?

Q. G. Pennyworth

Your desert should not be colder than my New England coastal town...

Meunster

4chan community is going well. Thread has been up for a few days and there's already a few people memebombing. It's cute.
Poe's law ;)

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Meunster on December 16, 2015, 09:42:39 PM
4chan community is going well. Thread has been up for a few days and there's already a few people memebombing. It's cute.

That actually is kinda cute.

..It should be 'affecting' rather than 'effecting' in the OP though.  :wink:
And a pastebin of links would be good if /discg/ lasts more than one iteration.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on December 16, 2015, 06:59:02 PM
Roger, it occurs to me that you must have a very interesting commute. Or do you, like, stay onsite for a few days at a time?

20 minute drive to the university, get on shuttle, fall asleep for an hour and a half, and I'm at work.  Magic.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 16, 2015, 09:37:12 PM

Your desert should not be colder than my New England coastal town...

Today I sat on a 6" wide icy gantry at the top of the solar telescope, which extends over the side of the mountain, working on a storm-damaged robot.  Between my feet, I could see the ground.  Between me and the ground, there were clouds.  It was 18F.

I later calculated that if I fell, it would take 12 seconds for me to reach the ground.

Faust

Quote from: Meunster on December 16, 2015, 09:42:39 PM

Link?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Brother Mythos

Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.