News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Things go boom

Started by LMNO, April 15, 2013, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eve

He's wounded. Something about homeowners finding a trail of blood.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Cain

Heavily armed men are on the streets, all public transport has ceased, city and state officials have ordered people to "shelter in place", vehicle traffic is being entirely suspended in areas and public schools have been closed.

That's not how you hunt a killer.  That is how you react to a CBRN attack.

Suu

Quote from: stelz on April 20, 2013, 01:32:08 AM
Down here it would be WalMart.  :x
Most things shut down and there were armored police vehicles all over the place. Close enough to martial law for me. Too goddamn close.

I can't really defend their actions, other than that the guy was allegedly running through residential areas with explosives. Making people stay inside and not be stupid sounds like a good idea. The tanks...probably not so necessary, but they were sent up on Monday. Before people start freaking out, I would like to say that this is a result of being "crazy prepared," not so much as a way to usher in a New World Order.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Eve on April 20, 2013, 01:35:59 AM
He's wounded. Something about homeowners finding a trail of blood.

What are you watching? I'm getting mixed reports between 2 stations and the scanner, here.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Channel 5 says he's alive and a team from Quantico (?!) are getting him out of the boat...which other people said he wasn't in. The reporting in this has been absolutely terrible. I really hate the media, which is why I'm trying to stay with local reports if anything.

I also have someone who lives IN WATERTOWN 2 blocks away giving us the best updates he can.

Eve

I'm flipping between the scanner, NECN, and CNN.

Suu

He's in custody per ABC 5.

Nephew Twiddleton

Tsarnaev is in custody.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eve

Quote from: Suu on April 20, 2013, 01:45:34 AM
He's in custody per ABC 5.

NECN also. All I can hear are people cheering, cars honking. Someone's flashing their apartment lights on and off.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

This shit isn't over yet.

Anna Mae Bollocks

No, not for a long time.

Did you hear something else?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

No. Only that the suspect is going to a hospital where the transit police guy he shot last night is being treated. The city is going NUTS, people in Providence are honking now. I have a feeling New England as a whole is going ballistic.

Nephew Twiddleton

I'm certainly in monkey mode. I'm not proud, but I am relieved. I hope this never happens in any of the rest of your cities. I hope it never happens in any cities. But, we know that's not going to be the case.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Quote from: BBCThe FBI interviewed Tamerlan Tsarnaev in 2011 after a request from a foreign government, US law enforcements officials have confirmed. But agents closed the case after finding no reason for concern.

I'd be very interested to know which foreign government this was.  I'm guessing Russia, but it need not be so.

Also +1 in the direction of Enki's theory.  Hardly damning evidence, but suggestive.