News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Historiadiscordia.com

Started by Gorightly, November 25, 2013, 03:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Junkenstein on November 26, 2013, 07:33:09 PM
It may be more accurate to say that some old discordians can't handle the future. At all.

Which is hilarious in so many ways I can't even begin to count.

:potd:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Gorightly

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:54:45 PM
Hey, Adam...I don't have a dog in this fight, but I thought you might want to know that Sondra London is raising 8 kinds of hell about you "stealing her stuff" over on Facebook.

The photo in question was among the tons of Thornley related material that have been passed down to me over the years. Sondra saw it and freaked out claiming she had taken the photo, which I don't doubt, but of course, how would I know.There's no writing on the original photo, which once again I have in my possession. (It was among Ron Bonds/IllumiNet Press Archives passed on to me.) Just the same, I removed the photo from Historia Discordia 'cause I didn't feel like having a pissing match over something so trivial.

As for Sondra's facebook claims, those are ridiculous. I was actually on pretty good terms with her until this recent Erisian episode. Such is the world of Discordia!

Telarus

Huh, I figured it was an un-marked photo from one archive or another. If she's never published it before, and Adam has an "original" print, I really don't understand what her complaint is (other than "Adam couldn't telepathically read the psychosomatic imprint I left on the photo in the process of taking it).

(I also find Sondra weird, in a nice/-ish/ way.)
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Gorightly on November 26, 2013, 09:52:32 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:54:45 PM
Hey, Adam...I don't have a dog in this fight, but I thought you might want to know that Sondra London is raising 8 kinds of hell about you "stealing her stuff" over on Facebook.

The photo in question was among the tons of Thornley related material that have been passed down to me over the years. Sondra saw it and freaked out claiming she had taken the photo, which I don't doubt, but of course, how would I know.There's no writing on the original photo, which once again I have in my possession. (It was among Ron Bonds/IllumiNet Press Archives passed on to me.) Just the same, I removed the photo from Historia Discordia 'cause I didn't feel like having a pissing match over something so trivial.

As for Sondra's facebook claims, those are ridiculous. I was actually on pretty good terms with her until this recent Erisian episode. Such is the world of Discordia!

Seems like a good reminder to consult a copyright lawyer before publishing photos of unknown provenance; legally, copyright belongs to the photographer, regardless of who has physical prints in their possession.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Gorightly

Quote from: Telarus on November 27, 2013, 01:14:54 AM
Huh, I figured it was an un-marked photo from one archive or another. If she's never published it before, and Adam has an "original" print, I really don't understand what her complaint is (other than "Adam couldn't telepathically read the psychosomatic imprint I left on the photo in the process of taking it).

(I also find Sondra weird, in a nice/-ish/ way.)

I found it curious when I was poking around tonight on Sondra's Confession to a Conspiracy website that a photo of Greg Hill, which appeared in my book The Prankster and the Conspiracy(courtesy of Bob Newport), is posted there, unattributed.

http://sondralondon.com/tales/confess/11.htm

I would have posted the image but I'll damned if I could figure out how to attach a photo here in the forum. Obviously it's a photo-shopped version of what appears in my book, but a version nonetheless. It doesn't bother me, because it has now become the standard image people use if they want to post an image of Greg Hill, because there are so few out there.

I remember finding someone had posted the same photo image of Greg Hill (from my book) here in the PD forum, as well:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,4920.msg772816.html#msg772816

It was also posted without asking by Uncle BadTouch over at his kerrythornley.com pseudonymous site. You'll find the colorized version there that Jon Swabey posted for me back in the day and which we later pulled down from the net when I decided to change my strategy of how to bring this material to the public.

Of course, I tend not to get my panties in a bunch over stuff like this, especially if people cite the source, which hardly ever happens once the Genie is let out of the bottle on the internets, as images end up taking on a life of their own.

GrannySmith

granpa smith sent me the link for historia discordia a few days ago -  GREAT STUFF!! :D And really   :lulz: :lulz: about the copyrights argument (or is it  :horrormirth:?).  Junkenstein said it best:

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 26, 2013, 07:35:08 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on November 26, 2013, 07:33:09 PM
It may be more accurate to say that some old discordians can't handle the future. At all.

Which is hilarious in so many ways I can't even begin to count.

:potd:

YES, post of the day indeed! :D

X  

Cramulus

Adam dug up an ACTUAL VIDEO of Kerry Thornley.

http://historiadiscordia.com/video-kerry-thornley-discusses-zenarchy-and-illuminati-lady/

Discusses: Mondos (ie "Wrong number please!"), the true purpose of Zenarchy (waking people up), Milgram & Ache's conformity research, and more.

The common theme is how to "decondition" people from their authoritarian conditioning.

I've never actually herd Kerry's voice before - he's very well spoken.

hooplala

I could've sworn that Sondra London had a few interviews with him...

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

oh hm, you may be correct now that I think about it. STILL

Telarus

I'm really excited about the material Adam's digging up. There's also a video of him discussing the Bowling Alley Incident, where he makes it explicit that his conception of Chaos going into this whole thing was that "Order (& Discorder, presumably) evolve out of Chaos over time", whereas Greg's root idea was that "Order does not exist in the external world at all, but only exists when a mind interacts with the Chaos". You can see how these two ideas got incorporated into a lot of the material.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman