News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Well, so I'm here. What does that mean inexactly?

Started by Resigned Obligatorily, March 03, 2014, 06:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Resigned Obligatorily

Hello fine chaps.

Now that I'm done talking to my cowboy gear for the purpose of a bad joke,
I would like to say hello to the community, introduce myself, and ask a few questions.

Hello community.

Late last night, someone 'anonymously' pointed me in the direction of the Principia Discordia,
and I had to read every word from start to finish; simply riveting!

After reading the entire book, I believed every word of it.
I especially payed attention to the words prohibiting my believing what I read.

I've got to say, eris has been calling my name for a very long time.
Way before my beloved encounter with Yossarian sometime during high school.

Cutting straight to the chase though, I want in on this.
Ignoring that they actually have explained why a woodpecker doesn't smash its brains out.

Does the hot dog thing count if I didn't know I was doing it?

Many times I've found myself with no buns and a mood to walk off with my meat in hand.
It is very possible that I've done this multiple times on a Friday too.

Does anyone know what Dyslexia does to someone's IQ score?
That could be pertinent information one day. It also could not be.

Finally, is it ok to ask random off topic wordy questions here?
Is that annoying, impolite, or frowned upon?
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

If you say its a bad idea
to listen to a nobody;
you likely are also saying nobody,
should listen to you.

Do not trust the authorities on a subject;
simply because they are the authority.

Listen to them only if what they say is truth.

~O.R.

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

Fuck all that bad noise.  I'm still trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.  I have no time for dadaist nonsense.

But at least you posted it in the appropriate subforum.  Which has to be worth something.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2014, 06:07:44 PM
Fuck all that bad noise.  I'm still trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.  I have no time for dadaist nonsense.

But at least you posted it in the appropriate subforum.  Which has to be worth something.

So that shrapnel wont get into their brain rendering their pilot skills useless?
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 03, 2014, 06:18:11 PM

So that shrapnel wont get into their brain rendering their pilot skills useless?

Pilot skills, you say?

The average kamikaze pilot had almost no technical training.  Their training mostly involved being beaten up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamikaze

(scroll down to "training").

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2014, 06:25:08 PM

Pilot skills, you say?

The average kamikaze pilot had almost no technical training.  Their training mostly involved being beaten up.

Oh..... They didn't wear helmets.... I see what you did there :D

Though I wasn't saying they were skilled. I was just talking about the ability to keep the plane in the air.
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 03, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

Pilot skills, you say?

Though I wasn't saying they were skilled. I was just talking about the ability to keep the plane in the air.

14% of kamikazes hit, but only 40% were shot down.  Which leads you to believe that 46% of kamikaze pilots were in fact unable to keep the plane in the air.  Which in turn leads you to believe, given the planes they were flying, that their "training" consisted of being told how to do shit.  I have no idea if they got any actual flight time at all prior to the big chicken dinner.

Resigned Obligatorily

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 03, 2014, 10:38:52 PM
Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 03, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

Pilot skills, you say?

14% of kamikazes hit, but only 40% were shot down.  Which leads you to believe that 46% of kamikaze pilots were in fact unable to keep the plane in the air.  Which in turn leads you to believe, given the planes they were flying, that their "training" consisted of being told how to do shit.  I have no idea if they got any actual flight time at all prior to the big chicken dinner.

Too many Sake Bombs....
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

The Good Reverend Roger

Red

Quote from: Obligatory Resignation on March 03, 2014, 06:04:50 PM
Hello fine chaps.
Does the hot dog thing count if I didn't know I was doing it?

Many times I've found myself with no buns and a mood to walk off with my meat in hand.
It is very possible that I've done this multiple times on a Friday too.

Does anyone know what Dyslexia does to someone's IQ score?
That could be pertinent information one day. It also could not be.

Finally, is it ok to ask random off topic wordy questions here?
Is that annoying, impolite, or frowned upon?

[pope hat on]

As pope of my apartment I will answer your questions my (insert preferred gender term of endearment here)

Everyone takes their meat in their hands at some point. It's just illegal to do it in public in some states. Put it nice, soft buns for safety on Fridays (but only Fridays because of the Original Snub). Everyone likes nice soft buns (especially Eris) but too much fondling of the buns can get your hands slapped.

The Wise men at MIT have decided that Dyslexia has nothing to do with IQ. You are pardoned, my (insert preferred gender term of endearment here). A wise man once said "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

As a forum lurker, I would suggest off-topic things be kept in similar threads like apples of the same tree. Most of the random here is kept in "Apple Talk" but there are specialized forums for things like politics and technology. Don't forget to visit the Newbie thread and the rooftop pool!

[/removes pope hat]

Welcome in! Have fun ranting and making friends.  :)  A tip: always check the later posts of any threads as well as the first page. Topics can migrate sometimes!  :lol: See you around!

Resigned Obligatorily

I should have just said what your quote says. :fap:
Thanks for the tips!
Who am I?
I am a nobody,
and the odds are
that you are too.

to listen to a nobody;
should listen to you.

~O.R.

axod

just this

StandBackJack

axod

Sure, just don't pass the blame if it's counterfeit.
just this