News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Tough on bars, tough on the causes of bars

Started by Cain, November 10, 2015, 12:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2016, 05:49:35 AM
Quote from: N E T on January 20, 2016, 05:09:16 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2016, 08:26:40 PM
As the man said listening to libertarians recounting how America was a revolution away from statism and feudalism:

Quote from: Cain on the Americans for Sarah Palin Facebook groupHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

I act as a fig leaf for their incompetence, another layer of bureaucracy to shield them from direct involvement in the building.  Apparently they want to make this role "more managerial" than it was previously, whatever the fuck that means, but I suspect I'll just be doing what I do now, only with more cash.

In the US a "promotion" often means you get paid effectively the same but they change your job title and heap on more responsibilities.

They tried that here with me, too, last month when the redundancies started rolling in.  I said no dice.

I thought that might be the case. Fucking scumbags.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 19, 2016, 08:26:40 PM
As the man said listening to libertarians recounting how America was a revolution away from statism and feudalism:

Quote from: Cain on the Americans for Sarah Palin Facebook groupHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

I act as a fig leaf for their incompetence, another layer of bureaucracy to shield them from direct involvement in the building.  Apparently they want to make this role "more managerial" than it was previously, whatever the fuck that means, but I suspect I'll just be doing what I do now, only with more cash.

That doesn't sound so bad, really. Getting paid more for the same bullshit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I got an invitation to interview! I have to go to Pullman to visit the main campus, but they're paying my travel expenses.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 21, 2016, 02:59:14 AM
I got an invitation to interview! I have to go to Pullman to visit the main campus, but they're paying my travel expenses.

Dope! Uh.. interview for what precisely? Is it an academic job or something?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 21, 2016, 04:25:08 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 21, 2016, 02:59:14 AM

Dope! Uh.. interview for what precisely? Is it an academic job or something?

It's for their integrative biomedical research in neuroscience PhD program.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If I nail this, I am going to spend the next five years of my life researching treatments for Parkinson's, epilepsy, and schizophrenia, along with any other applications the research may uncover. The lab I want to get into is looking at the role of adenosine in neurodegenerative diseases and other disorders, and incorporates epigenetic research that looks at the intergenerational effects of stress as a potential trigger via reduced baseline adenosine synthesis, as well as the potential of recombinant DNA treatments.

So literally EVERYTHING I'M INTERESTED IN all rolled into one! I already talked to the lab director and he was talking about writing me into his upcoming Parkinson's grant, so... if I get in, I am going to be the most goddamn excited little nerd on the West Coast.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 21, 2016, 04:52:25 AM
If I nail this, I am going to spend the next five years of my life researching treatments for Parkinson's, epilepsy, and schizophrenia, along with any other applications the research may uncover. The lab I want to get into is looking at the role of adenosine in neurodegenerative diseases and other disorders, and incorporates epigenetic research that looks at the intergenerational effects of stress as a potential trigger via reduced baseline adenosine synthesis, as well as the potential of recombinant DNA treatments.

So literally EVERYTHING I'M INTERESTED IN all rolled into one! I already talked to the lab director and he was talking about writing me into his upcoming Parkinson's grant, so... if I get in, I am going to be the most goddamn excited little nerd on the West Coast.

I will engage in my delusional rapport with the God-figure I have inherited from my random socio-cultural indoctrination in order to express my hope that you get it!  :)
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on January 21, 2016, 04:59:00 AM

I will engage in my delusional rapport with the God-figure I have inherited from my random socio-cultural indoctrination in order to express my hope that you get it!  :)

Thank you! :D

Brother Mythos

Cool!

And, the very best of luck to you.

Discordianism is fundamentally mischievous irreverence.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Gray Area on January 21, 2016, 05:07:59 AM

Cool!

And, the very best of luck to you.

Thank you! I'm so nervous and excited I could barf.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

OMG! That is so incredibly cool!

Since you're a badass, I think you're going to be that intrepid little nerd very soon!
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: N E T on January 21, 2016, 05:35:11 AM

OMG! That is so incredibly cool!

Since you're a badass, I think you're going to be that intrepid little nerd very soon!

Awww, thanks! :)

LMNO

Cainad (dec.)

Well, I finally got to see, in full-color IMAX 3D with surround sound, what the Racist As Fuck segment of the Sanders supporters look like.

Thanks, Facebook. Now I know.