News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

You know what makes me angry?

Started by Doktor Howl, May 09, 2012, 05:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nadezhda

Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 09, 2012, 06:50:39 PM
Nah. She is a pretty openminded person who does like to have legit fun. But she comes across as very bourgeois and is super cereal about things that only require a small bowl of cereal.
This phrase gives me a feels! :mrgreen:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 11, 2012, 02:57:03 AM
Walmart being the big time is dripping with horrormirth.

It's SEGUIN.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2012, 12:16:17 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on May 10, 2012, 05:51:50 AM
Quote from: Luna on May 10, 2012, 03:38:08 AM
What pisses me off?  Interviewers who assure you that "you'll get a call, either way," and then never fucking call.

This. A million times this.

Even fucking worse are the ones who get shitty with you when you have the temerity to dare to call them. Sorry, I didn't realise that not only was I not worth the phone call, I'm obviously not worth a 30 second courtesy to tell me to go fuck myself when I call you. You're right, asking for areas to improve on and skills to develop is a total waste of your time. You were just about to cure superaids and figure out a way to end human conflict.

The only thing worse than these pig-fuckers are the ones who "will let you know in a couple of days" and have still not made a hiring decision after a month.

I swear to Thor, when La revolution comes, every employer will have to pass a yearly interview by their employees. Failure will result in all shares and control passing to the next most senior person. You never know, we may eventually start seeing employers act like human beings if we use a big enough stick often enough.

My personal favorite was the one (three weeks ago) that said "we'll call you either way" and relisted the job in the newspaper the NEXT DAY.   :argh!:

:crankey:

What I've been told is that "We'll call you either way," is code for, "do a follow-up phone call anyway to show you're a Go-Getter™".

Junkenstein, you were just being too much of a Go-Getter, and you were supposed to know where that thin, shitty line was to begin with. I mean come on, employers don't want someone with TOO MUCH ambition or you might give your co-workers ideas.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Nephew Twiddleton

You know what really grates on my nerves? Theres this mother and daughter at work who sit next to each other at work on the other side of the room im in. I noticed last week that the daughter was doing this weird baby voice when she was leaving. Considering that they have a fairly long commute i figured it was just because she was a bit stir crazy. However ive been noticing it all this week. She keep fucking doing it while conversing with her mom. So i decided to google her to find out how old she is. Shes fucking 27. Guess ill turn the music up from now on.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 11, 2012, 02:12:38 AM
Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 10, 2012, 10:10:27 AM
Stelz- theres an episode of south park making fun of al gore in which he acts really really bizarre and is unable to say serious. Instead he says super cereal. I dont know how they came up with that joke but it was a memorable one.

It's youtubed. Thanks!  :)
[/quote]

Thank you both for neither mentioning the episode number, date, or the youtube link so other people can know wtf you're talking about ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Nephew Twiddleton

How the hell should i know that data? I just watch south park intermittently. Also cant youtube on the phone. I have a dumbphone.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 11, 2012, 03:50:49 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on May 11, 2012, 02:12:38 AM
Quote from: Bruce Twillis on May 10, 2012, 10:10:27 AM
Stelz- theres an episode of south park making fun of al gore in which he acts really really bizarre and is unable to say serious. Instead he says super cereal. I dont know how they came up with that joke but it was a memorable one.

It's youtubed. Thanks!  :)

Thank you both for neither mentioning the episode number, date, or the youtube link so other people can know wtf you're talking about ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=south+park+al+gore
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

I'm just saying that if Stella found it on YouTube it's nice to save everybody some time and just mention the link. I always do that even if I think it's not useful for anyone right now. It's just common courtesy IMO. "Netiquette" if anybody remembers such a word.
Never had this situation: You google for a question, find someone asking the same, who replies a bit later to their own thread "Never mind, found it" without providing the answer, it's infuriating. (Especially if they say they found it on Google but their thread asking that question is the only result)

Not sure if posting a LMGTFY link that doesn't answer the question either (as Al Gore appeared in many SP episodes for years, the top hit most famous of which is not the one talked about here) might actually be even less helpful. A great idea for a troll, though! :)

Yes I could have probably found the answer in the time I took to make this post and look up the relevant XKCD comic. I don't care about the episode, just be better next time.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Or you could just say "Oh hey Stella, I'm interested in that too, mind posting the link?"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sita

For anyone that does care and couldn't find it yet, it was the Man Bear Pig episode.
Also here is a link to a video of the various points Al Gore says serial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9wmczxnT3c
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Junkenstein

Quote from: Net on May 11, 2012, 06:36:26 AM
What pisses me off?  Interviewers who assure you that "you'll get a call, either way," and then never fucking call.

Even fucking worse are the ones who get shitty with you when you have the temerity to dare to call them. Sorry, I didn't realise that not only was I not worth the phone call, I'm obviously not worth a 30 second courtesy to tell me to go fuck myself when I call you. You're right, asking for areas to improve on and skills to develop is a total waste of your time. You were just about to cure superaids and figure out a way to end human conflict.

The only thing worse than these pig-fuckers are the ones who "will let you know in a couple of days" and have still not made a hiring decision after a month.

I swear to Thor, when La revolution comes, every employer will have to pass a yearly interview by their employees. Failure will result in all shares and control passing to the next most senior person. You never know, we may eventually start seeing employers act like human beings if we use a big enough stick often enough.

My personal favorite was the one (three weeks ago) that said "we'll call you either way" and relisted the job in the newspaper the NEXT DAY.   :argh!:

What I've been told is that "We'll call you either way," is code for, "do a follow-up phone call anyway to show you're a Go-Getter™".

Junkenstein, you were just being too much of a Go-Getter, and you were supposed to know where that thin, shitty line was to begin with. I mean come on, employers don't want someone with TOO MUCH ambition or you might give your co-workers ideas.

I had a chucklesome one some years ago when I was in-between jobs. The following is pretty much verbatim as far as I remember it, so probably exaggerated to the point of falsehood.

2 days after a (seemingly) fairly positive interview -"I'll let you know!"

Me- Hi Is that (crazy bastard)?
(crazy bastard) - Yes! What?! Who is it and what do you want!?(surprisingly aggressive tone)
Me- It's (Me), I had an interview with you a couple of days back and wanted to follow up. If this is a bad time....
(crazy bastard)-FUCK YOU.

I was convinced that I'd either rang the wrong number or rang a crackhead in disguise. Somewhat perturbed, I resolved to call into the place in person the next day.

Upon my arrival it was made clear that I should leave immediately unless I wish to engage in fisticuffs with this gentleman.

I learned a lot that day.

1- Call the phone, don't go back ever without a specific invite
2- When interviewing, remember to interview the employer. They may be fucking crazy. And you're relying on them for money.
3-Never regret not getting a job, the chances are they're fucking crazy and just hiding it better.

3 has been somewhat re-inforced by many of my employers being clinically insane. I mean this literally, more than a couple have had a stay in a mental care facilities.

You know what else fucks me off? Peas. Fuck Peas.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Precious Moments Zalgo

I have two bosses and between the two of them, since I work from home and they don't see me, they seem to think I'm like four or five people and we all work around the clock or something, and they assign work to me accordingly.  I only get one paycheck, though.  I'm working right now, even though it's nearly 8pm on a Friday.  I have time to post right now because I'm in the middle of a 20-minute compile-redeploy cycle.

Here's something that has made me a little ticked lately.  In addition to being a front-line developer, I'm also the third-tier support guy for our whole team.  This means when a customer has a problem and first-tier support or second-tier can't fix it, then I have to fix it or find someone who can.  Two of these problems came to me last week, and the second-tier support guy couldn't fix them because he's on vacation, so they came to me.  They are supposed to be fixed by today, because we're scheduled to have the latest release to QA on Monday.  I took one for myself, but I preferred not to take other one because it was in fairly complex code in a module that I am completely unfamiliar with.

I fixed the first bug, and my boss is on vacation, but the guy substituting for him told me to fix this one.  I have lots of other things I am supposed to be doing, plus I'm constantly being interrupted by people needing to know shit, so it's ...

brb, compile-redeploy is done, need to test and see if my last change fixed the problem ...
FUCK YEAH! That fixed it.  The whole problem boiled down to a date format not being correct in a browser cookie.  Now I just have to get all this stuff checked in, reviewed by others, fill out a bug closing template, get a backport approved, do the backport, test it and get it checked in, and get everything packaged up for QA by Monday morning -- but that's monkey work; I can do all of that shit drunk.  brb, getting a beer while my code is being reviewed ...  there, that's much fucking better.

So anyway, it was like yesterday afternoon before I finally had a strong enough grasp on this code that what it's doing, but I still didn't understand what was going wrong.  My boss was back from vacation, so I asked him a question about it.  He said, if you need help with this, ask [guy on our team who wrote this module].  He has bandwidth.

:walken:

So, basically, we have a guy who is intimately familiar with this code and could have fixed this bug in an afternoon, but no, it's better to jeopardize the release schedule by having me spending a week exploring this shit and getting behind on all of my other work.

Heh, re-reading this on preview and noticed the part about it being nearly 8pm.  I have been working as I write this and it's 9pm now.  I just finished doing the backport and am about to test it, even though the backport hasn't been approved yet, because fuck them and their rules, man.  I'm a rebel.  I'm dangerous and mean.  I will, of course, wait for the backport to be approved before I check it in and do the packaging.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Luna

Quote from: Junkenstein on May 12, 2012, 02:00:37 AM
Quote from: Net on May 11, 2012, 06:36:26 AM

I had a chucklesome one some years ago when I was in-between jobs. The following is pretty much verbatim as far as I remember it, so probably exaggerated to the point of falsehood.

2 days after a (seemingly) fairly positive interview -"I'll let you know!"

Me- Hi Is that (crazy bastard)?
(crazy bastard) - Yes! What?! Who is it and what do you want!?(surprisingly aggressive tone)
Me- It's (Me), I had an interview with you a couple of days back and wanted to follow up. If this is a bad time....
(crazy bastard)-FUCK YOU.

I was convinced that I'd either rang the wrong number or rang a crackhead in disguise. Somewhat perturbed, I resolved to call into the place in person the next day.

Upon my arrival it was made clear that I should leave immediately unless I wish to engage in fisticuffs with this gentleman.

I learned a lot that day.

1- Call the phone, don't go back ever without a specific invite
2- When interviewing, remember to interview the employer. They may be fucking crazy. And you're relying on them for money.
3-Never regret not getting a job, the chances are they're fucking crazy and just hiding it better.

3 has been somewhat re-inforced by many of my employers being clinically insane. I mean this literally, more than a couple have had a stay in a mental care facilities.

You know what else fucks me off? Peas. Fuck Peas.

Well, FINALLY got a letter from the interview I went to the first week of April.  It says, "wow, you have a ton of awesome experience, but we're hiring somebody else."
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Junkenstein

Charming. Did they at least say what the successful one was more experienced at?

I get a feeling it's a no, because I have never had a letter actually include any kind of suggestion for improvement, it's all been from actuallly talking to who-ever interviewed you.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.