News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

WHO ARE WE? 2011

Started by LMNO, December 28, 2010, 08:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 30, 2010, 05:35:56 PM
It kind of gained it's own momentum at the end, there.

When you record this, it needs to be started all prosaic and normal, then get taken to the WALL.  Seriously.  Slam this one up against the fridge like it's wearing a little french maid outfit.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

I was planning on putting in little bursts of static between each tweet.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on December 30, 2010, 05:48:03 PM
I was planning on putting in little bursts of static between each tweet.

Both.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Fujikoma

I'd like to hear this when it is finished.

Gray Jester

Who are we?

We are the next wave.  We make the new world possible, let corporations downsize their unnecessary labor and become more streamlined in the new century.  We lay the cable, we run the pipes, we make you obsolete.  Welcome to the new connected world!  Hope you measure up!
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

Fujikoma

Mine probably sucks, and I hope I didn't rip anyone off writing this, I know I said I couldn't contribute (and likely, still can't) but, here goes:

Who are we? We are the battered, bitter shells. We are the hollow product of broken glass homes. We keep quite while the world goes by. When you pass by you do not see us, when you look we are not there. We find our homes in cold, dark corners. We are the coming storm.

Who are we? We are the children of tomorrow, of yesterday, but never of today. The outcasts, the unfriendly people. You see us when we act out, and you torment us when we do not. The sad people, the broken people, and deservedly so. We continue the cycle, we are the bitter fruit that stings the tongue.

Who are we? We are the product of consumerism, the inadvertent outcome of nepotism, the slimy shades in back alleyways that melt into the eaves. We watch you while you are fortunate, we drag you down, and we take from you when you fall. We are the chosen fools, disciples of the madness you created, to which you show unconcern. We are a debt someone never paid, an obligation unfulfilled, this is who we are.

AFK

Who are we?  We're the people waiting for you to go first.  We talk a good game but never throw down.  We praise your good ideas and exhalt your plans.  We'll be right there behind you!  Well, actually, right after we wash our hair.  Then we're right there with you!  Oh, well, no, we have to renew our gym membership, I mean, it's gonna be a new year, we're going to hit the stair climbers for sure this year!  Then, we'll be ripped and ready to fight the good fight along side you...oh wait, we just remembered we need to clean up the hard drive.  That shouldn't take too long, and then, holy fuck are we ready to rumble!!!  Well, we probably should get a new bottle of asprin first.  We might get a headache while trying to fight The Man.  Go on ahead, we'll be there eventually, really, trust us, who are we? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Roaring Biscuit!

Welcome to the future hun!

Who are we?  We're the people you are, only better!

We're aspirations baby!  We're a society built on something for nothing, and let ME tell YOU, it's great.

And somehow thats important, that we're honest with each other, but let me tell you, my friend there is science to show that the dishonest doe better.  For themselves, for their kids, for everyone they ever had the courage to love.

We're the network people, we're the lies you tell.  To make this life more bearable.

You fantastic coward.