News:

Christians *have* to sin.
If they don't, it's like Christ died for nothing.

Main Menu

An apology from Captain Utopia

Started by Faust, April 20, 2012, 08:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Uhm.
Primary abuse victim said no.
Discussion over.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Salty

Not to mention it has been decided by the people who decide these things.

So...yeeeeaaaaah. How 'bout them unicorns?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Alty on April 25, 2012, 10:29:43 PM

Cows are better. They have twice as many horns and it's culturally acceptable to eat them.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Triple Zero

Quote from: :regret: on April 25, 2012, 10:20:22 PM
Uhm.
Primary abuse victim said no.
Discussion over.

well if you put it that way ...

:lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Salty

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 25, 2012, 10:56:41 PM

:lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: navkat on April 25, 2012, 09:47:07 AM
Disagree. This is the internet, not a trusted relationship.

I don't really become involved in people's inter-personal drama on that level here and I do realize that it takes a lot to get banned from here (personal threats, abuse of privileges, etc) and I don't generally feel righteous about...well I don't feel righteous about anything. It's not my shit getting fucked with so I don't judge. However, he was a pretty cool guy on here at one time as I remember and I think his contributions and "atta boys" should outweigh his "oh shits."

Everyone fucks up. Everyone has their weaknesses and everyone needs some time to pull their head out of their asshole. Power-mongering turned out to be his. I am of the firm belief that we should be willing and at the ready with a bottle of lube, a shit-eating grin and a shoe begging to fill the new hole. None of us should be so jaded or full of ourselves that we're not willing to accept an apology. Beat the crap out of him and then buy him a pint.

But it's up yo y'all. That's just my tuppence.

That wasn't an apology.
Molon Lube

Freeky

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

navkat

Oh wow. I only just peeked in this thread now since my reply. I hadn't been back until now because I just didn't feel like looking again.

I chatted a bit via PM with someone from here. I don't even understand what this thread is doing here if the situation was that bad. Isn't this like letting him post by proxy? One last hurrah to get some real estate on Apple Talk? Why are we even discussing this? It should be a non-issue. Sike-a-like-o bans are permanent, right?

Faust

Quote from: navkat on April 27, 2012, 12:15:33 PM
Isn't this like letting him post by proxy? One last hurrah to get some real estate on Apple Talk?
Meh, darkuro had like 30 of those one last hurra by proxy threads. I posed it here because it was in my inbox and I didn't feel like responding to it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

QuoteMeh, darkuro had like 30 of those one last hurra by proxy threads

On any given week.  At the very least.

I'm kinda hoping Daruko destroys PD in 2012, though.  It would be oddly fitting.  DARUKOPOCALYPSE NOW: THE MAYANS SAW IT COMING.

Faust

Quote from: Cain on April 27, 2012, 05:30:35 PM
QuoteMeh, darkuro had like 30 of those one last hurra by proxy threads

On any given week.  At the very least.

I'm kinda hoping Daruko destroys PD in 2012, though.  It would be oddly fitting.  DARUKOPOCALYPSE NOW: THE MAYANS SAW IT COMING.

After all the who ha to get unbanned he only posts once every so often.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

East Coast Hustle

Which is, oddly, too bad. What posts he has made since being un-banned are mostly intelligent and thoughtful.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Even before he got banned here, he was always capable of making intelligent and good posts.  However, the lack of drama + enduring good quality since his return does make his lack of greater presence more of a shame, I agree.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on April 28, 2012, 05:29:33 PM
Which is, oddly, too bad. What posts he has made since being un-banned are mostly intelligent and thoughtful.

He's one of the rare few who actually stopped digging in and screeching, and grew as a human being.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Captain Utopia

Though I may have often been wrong, my heart was always sincere.  So I could not sincerely accept that 100% of the mistakes made were my own or that 100% of the claims made about me were 100% true.  If that is a fair benchmark for an apology, then I regret to say that I cannot pass that test even today with any sincerity.  This made for a stilted and awkward apology, with ill-considered attempts at humour, but I meant it sincerely.

So yes - while all this mattered deeply to me four years ago back when I thought I still had a chance to keep control of the forum I had invested a significant amount of time and emotional energy developing - I subsequently moved on to other things and got over it.  I'm not looking to start old fights.

But I've been told that my continued presence here depends upon my actions, so I'm testing the waters with this thread - if the intensity of the feelings evident from before are still present, then I won't waste any more of your time since my presence could only cause disruption. 

Either way, thanks for all the good times.