News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Nothing much was going on tonight, so one of my friends suggested a cocktail party in their apartment.  It seemed a half-asses affair, so I brought a whole-assed selection of cocktails.

In summary, much whiskey was had, and then I found myself in bed next to a gently snoring Mrs LMNO, watching Battlestar Galactica for the past four hours.

Salty

Finally a motherfucking break. I live with a couple, both of whom are super cool. One of them has a coworker (quiet, gamer type) who is looking for a place.

This makes the $1500 a month place that is a 2 minute walk from my office totally doable, bringing my rent to a very possible $375 a month.

Dear christ I hope this all works out.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I have been very seriously considering living in a van. Which, if I didn't have a kid would be totally cool, fun even.

LMNO

Believe it or not, I lived in a van (down by the river!) when I was in my 20s. It really taught me the incredible benefits of indoor plumbing and potable water.

Salty

Ah, remember when SNL lines were timeless and hilarious?

It looks like I spoke to soon!

My housemates, who are by and large wonderful people, had their third drunken screaming match/breakup in as many months. That's too much of a trend for this guy.

So it's back to Plan V! I am looking at a cargo van that will have good bedding (no hammock  :cry:), a sink, insulation, ventilation, and a portable toilet.

During this summer before The Boy starts school we will be spending Sunday-Tuesday out in the Alaskan wilderness, exploring. W-Saturday I will be stealthing it in town, or go just outside of town, or chill at Walmart or at my office.

I actually have wanted to do this for years. Here's hoping my luck turns around and the van I buy lasts the summer!

KIND OF DOUBT IT! :lulz:

Salty

I was supposed to be meeting up with The Guy about, oh, two and half hours ago for breakfast before he leaves town.

*cricket song*

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

minuspace

So first they take my Spanish atmosphere blue, and now they switch the German flame blue a full shade darker, and nobody tells me nothing.  Clearly, it's a conspiracy  :argh!:

Cain

Will start uploading Youtube stuff again tomorrow.  Got another poll for DAO coming up, as well as three episodes of Dishonored...once I render and split them properly

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on March 02, 2014, 09:53:32 AM
Finally a motherfucking break. I live with a couple, both of whom are super cool. One of them has a coworker (quiet, gamer type) who is looking for a place.

This makes the $1500 a month place that is a 2 minute walk from my office totally doable, bringing my rent to a very possible $375 a month.

Dear christ I hope this all works out.

Wowwwww $375!!! That would be awesome!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on March 02, 2014, 06:19:07 PM

My housemates, who are by and large wonderful people, had their third drunken screaming match/breakup in as many months. That's too much of a trend for this guy.

So it's back to Plan V! I am looking at a cargo van that will have good bedding (no hammock  :cry:), a sink, insulation, ventilation, and a portable toilet.

During this summer before The Boy starts school we will be spending Sunday-Tuesday out in the Alaskan wilderness, exploring. W-Saturday I will be stealthing it in town, or go just outside of town, or chill at Walmart or at my office.

I actually have wanted to do this for years. Here's hoping my luck turns around and the van I buy lasts the summer!

Aw, man. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on March 02, 2014, 06:25:34 PM
I was supposed to be meeting up with The Guy about, oh, two and half hours ago for breakfast before he leaves town.

*cricket song*

Gotta love that. I've been just ignoring all OKC guys, they're all either sleazy or flaky.

Salty

Quote from: Nigel on March 02, 2014, 07:25:10 PM
Quote from: Alty on March 02, 2014, 06:19:07 PM

Aw, man. :(

So it goes. At least I didn't sign a year lease with them.

Salty

Quote from: Nigel on March 02, 2014, 07:25:47 PM
Quote from: Alty on March 02, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

*cricket song*

Gotta love that. I've been just ignoring all OKC guys, they're all either sleazy or flaky.

That's it for me for men period, for the forseeable future. I was scared maybe I was avoiding them because of repressed sexual desire. I have now proven beyond doubt that it is my inability to find any of quality. I can deal with that.

Salty

"They all got wasted and he had to play babysitter." He's "SO sorry."

:roll:

Freeky

Quote from: Red on March 02, 2014, 08:21:07 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on March 02, 2014, 08:15:01 AM
Ia m drunk and more relaxed, not that it's relevant or important.

I am also a member of a writing project that is projected to be published.  Been that way a while.  I'm producing well, and I had bullshit drama that reduced time I had to turn shit in.  So thatt's cool. 

I miss posting here and I suck at knowing how interacting works anymore.  I forgot how to on the internet.  My intermittent posting here in Open Bar is an attempt at trying to make contact again.  It is clearly failing, but some feedback would be nice so I can learn again.

Welcome back. It's ok- I'm just getting used to this place so you're in fine company. I suggest just posting and replying and asking/answering questions. I find the hard part is remembering to come back and say things. I can get really distracted sometimes.

What are you writing?

I enjoy writing but don't know how to get into it professionally outside of the freelance ghostwriting I've been doing. The main issue with ghostwriting is I can't claim any of it which makes it kind of hard to get into other writing positions.

I'm writing bits of a role-playing game.  I don't want to get too into it and jinx the project.  I am learning that many writers are either flaky or drama queens.  I know which category I'm in!  :lulz: