News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Dallas Police shootings

Started by Junkenstein, July 08, 2016, 09:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on July 16, 2016, 06:53:01 AM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 15, 2016, 11:11:24 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-police-robot-idUSKCN0ZO2KR

Update on bomb robot shit. Not good.

Apparently gasses of various forms no longer exist, C4 is the only practical option. What the living fuck are you people doing over there? How can this gear possibly be considered appropriate for a police department to own, let alone use? Seems like a radical escalation of force-continuum.

The kicker is that they still have 2 spares.

It's designed to detonate explosives.  In that capacity I have no problem with it.  Big city forces certainly need a way to remotely detonate bombs.

Yeah, but the idea of the police providing the party favors is a little disturbing.

Just roll that around in your head for a moment or two.  The police had 3 bombs.  For use on civilians.

One day, they're gonna fuck up and set one off next to a gas main.  Bank on it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

I'll have a dollar on "next to hospital generator" for an accident.

I can see idiots doing it to a gas main or similar on purpose just to see the size of the explosion. Removing the threat will just be a happy coincidence.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Acuddle

Killing people with C4 is like killing with a rocket or grenade launcher, may seem like terrifying overkill, but in a country where everyone has the right to wield guns, it's the next steps of the Lensman race between police and the people. It may be what Dire Straits wanted to say in "Man's too strong" :sad:.

It's kind of normal to see that kind of brutal enforcement when protesters have the dumb idea to come as armed gunmen. When one protests, it's to get a more peaceful life, that's why most protests are peaceful. Shooting men of law is like asking them to get more weapons to shoot back !

But it's still terrifying overkill. Gee. Like you two, I'd almost wish they had an accident to make people realize how insane went the world around them.