News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

You're reading the convoluted logic of a committed Neo-Nazi trying to convince the world that he is being oppressed.  Of course it's not going to make sense.

Cain

Incidentally, I have a paper which at least in part deals with the role of the Turner Diaries in lone wolf terrorism.  I can PM you it, if you want

I literally just opened it to reference what I had previously written on the topic for my dissertation, so it's no problem.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on April 29, 2016, 02:02:28 AM
Incidentally, I have a paper which at least in part deals with the role of the Turner Diaries in lone wolf terrorism.  I can PM you it, if you want

I literally just opened it to reference what I had previously written on the topic for my dissertation, so it's no problem.

Sure.  I was getting interested in it from your posts on fb, actually.

Cain

Quote from: Choppas an' Sluggas on April 29, 2016, 02:16:06 AM
Quote from: Cain on April 29, 2016, 02:02:28 AM

Sure.  I was getting interested in it from your posts on fb, actually.

Ah, OK!  Long story short: The Turner Diaries is shitty Nazi fiction about how brave Aryan freedom fighters will eliminate the non-whites and Jews who secretly rule the world, in glorious cleansing nuclear fire but not before a whole bunch of terrorist attacks to frighten them into submission.  It's inspired a bunch of terrorists, including The Order (1980s Odinist terrorist group), Timothy McVeigh (found with the book, the FBI building bombing closely resembles his attack) and David Copeland (British nailbomber, attacked notable gay, black and Bengali areas of London).

PM on its way.

Freeky

Sweet, thanks! 

This book sounds awful.  I mean, duh, but still.

Cain

It has no artistic merit whatsoever, which is probably unsurprising given its content. Amusingly though, the publisher who owns it is Jewish.

Freeky

Cain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Luther_Pierce#The_Turner_Diaries

QuoteIn 1996 Pierce sold the rights to The Turner Diaries to the Jewish publisher Lyle Stuart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Stuart

QuoteLyle Stuart (August 11, 1922 – June 24, 2006) was an American author and independent publisher of controversial books. Born Lionel Simon, Stuart worked as a newsman for years before launching his publishing firm, Lyle Stuart, Inc.

QuoteHe made headlines in 1997 with his then-current Barricade Books, by reissuing The Turner Diaries, a novel thought to have been the inspiration behind Timothy McVeigh's bombing of the Murrah building. He was a strong advocate of freedom of the press, and believed it was important for people to be able to read and make up their own minds (in the introduction he wrote to his reissue of The Turner Diaries, he made clear how strongly he opposed the viewpoint expressed in the book).

Freeky

Hm.  Well, at least he knew what it was.  Also, his view on freedom of speech is legit.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on April 29, 2016, 03:05:17 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Luther_Pierce#The_Turner_Diaries

QuoteIn 1996 Pierce sold the rights to The Turner Diaries to the Jewish publisher Lyle Stuart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyle_Stuart

QuoteLyle Stuart (August 11, 1922 – June 24, 2006) was an American author and independent publisher of controversial books. Born Lionel Simon, Stuart worked as a newsman for years before launching his publishing firm, Lyle Stuart, Inc.

QuoteHe made headlines in 1997 with his then-current Barricade Books, by reissuing The Turner Diaries, a novel thought to have been the inspiration behind Timothy McVeigh's bombing of the Murrah building. He was a strong advocate of freedom of the press, and believed it was important for people to be able to read and make up their own minds (in the introduction he wrote to his reissue of The Turner Diaries, he made clear how strongly he opposed the viewpoint expressed in the book).

Does your version have that intro? That actually sounds worth reading. The book, not so much but it could at least be turned into a contest of "Who can read this shit aloud for the longest with a straight face".
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Nope, I have a pdf which has apparently been scrubbed of Jewish influence.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Junkenstein

"The last solution you'll ever need"

I'll be under the pier all week.

Sung Low

The d key has chosen to absent itself