News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

White Plains

Started by Cramulus, November 09, 2011, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I work in a city called White Plains. It's called that because of the way the fog rolls off the Bronx River and cloaks the city in a thick white mist.

My camera phone doesn't do it justice, but it looks beautiful here sometimes. It's like this almost every morning in the Spring. It's mysterious, like a dream city, misty canyons of concrete and glass.

My commute takes me through the fog. The rest of the day will be filled with question and answers, tasks and tribulations -- the drive to work in the morning is free of these things. I am alone in my car, carried forward by the momentum of the 9 to 5. Thoughts coalesce in the fog, things that I couldn't think at any other point during the day. This is still dreamtime.

Through the fog, and the phantoms of last night's dreams, I can barely see the building where I work.

Last night: Dreams of the old house where I grew up, anarchy and sexuality under the floor boards, father returns, there is conflict, but I am resolute.

Suddenly I am in the office dream world. My dreams lead here, to the glassy trance of the day.

Jenne

Thanks for sharing that, Cram.  A view inside a very personal world.

My "commute" is so much more mundane--I walk downstairs and pick up the phone to have with me on the couch, open my laptop and voila! I'm at work...

Cramulus

here's what it looks like today, buildings vanishing into the sky

Triple Zero

Ok good! Now teach them to do that when you get those hurricane things.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's really pretty and eerie.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

I love fog, especially a good thick one with low visibility. Like, even when you're familiar with the area, you look at it kinda differently and you can appreciate the area more. Things slowly fade into view. You can kinda take it in one bit at a time.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love how up around Puget Sound you can drive into and out of really intense fog pickets that you can't see anything through at all.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."