News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Well, do people leave you the fuck alone? The opposite seems to occur.

And "The welcoming fist" sounds like either a terrible martial art, among other things.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 22, 2014, 09:40:27 PM
Well, do people leave you the fuck alone? The opposite seems to occur.

And "The welcoming fist" sounds like either a terrible martial art, among other things.

IRL, I usually get left alone.  It does not translate well to the interbutts.  It has taken a while to catch on at work, but functions normally now (mosly on account of my new job duties, which seemed to have caused my erstwhile coworkers to look at me like I'm the fucking NKVD or something).
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Interesting. It sounds like that the new duties are amplifying the existing fist?

Does your increased role result in the ability to allow any increased leniency on a fuck-up? From their apparent reactions I'd guess not.

A better question, might be - Why does it worry you? I can guess but I'd prefer not to assume here.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 22, 2014, 10:08:22 PM
Interesting. It sounds like that the new duties are amplifying the existing fist?

Does your increased role result in the ability to allow any increased leniency on a fuck-up? From their apparent reactions I'd guess not.

A better question, might be - Why does it worry you? I can guess but I'd prefer not to assume here.

When I saw what my new job was, I immediately and blatantly ripped off Grant Morrison.  We are the Science Gestapo.

And it worries me because I once spent 8 months here yelling at people for becoming their labels.
Molon Lube

Suu

Friend in KC's mom may have TB.  :| She's had pneumonia for a month, and it hasn't been healing, so she went to the ER today, and sure 'nuff, they took a CT scan and found lesions in her lungs. I hope that if it DOES turn out to be TB that they can stop it, but since she's already been on some antibiotics for the pneumonia, they're hoping it's not drug resistant. What bakes my noodle is that here is this woman coughing uncontrollably for weeks and they don't give her a TB test? REALLY?

People are freaking out over Ebola, and Consumption is creeping up on people left and right like the kiss of death.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 22, 2014, 01:22:41 PM
QuoteOne day, but not if I can help it, it will likely back up so bad that the pressure will pack it like a  cigarette. Then we shall see how things go. The chute is built into the middle of the building. There's no way to remove it in such a situation and they've made no moves to replace it before this happens. This is just one of dozens of little bits of folly I deal with. Decisions out of my hands and all I can do is watch and adapt..  or get the hell out.

Joe, Have a word with me if/when this occurs. I've dealt with similar kinds of situations and there's PLENTY of fun to be had here.
Happily. Took a few choice pics as today (the guy on days that should have cleared it failed to do so) and as soon as I get my butt onto figuring how to post pics I'll share a few images. My NDA ain't that tight.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Suu

Quote from: The Suu on October 23, 2014, 12:18:38 AM
Friend in KC's mom may have TB.  :| She's had pneumonia for a month, and it hasn't been healing, so she went to the ER today, and sure 'nuff, they took a CT scan and found lesions in her lungs. I hope that if it DOES turn out to be TB that they can stop it, but since she's already been on some antibiotics for the pneumonia, they're hoping it's not drug resistant. What bakes my noodle is that here is this woman coughing uncontrollably for weeks and they don't give her a TB test? REALLY?

People are freaking out over Ebola, and Consumption is creeping up on people left and right like the kiss of death.

LOL no just kidding, tests are negative for TB. It's leukemia.

On that note, I'm going to call my friend and keep her fucking sane.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 22, 2014, 10:40:44 PM

When I saw what my new job was, I immediately and blatantly ripped off Grant Morrison.  We are the Science Gestapo.

And it worries me because I once spent 8 months here yelling at people for becoming their labels.

When a new social function becomes available, it's natural to dive in headfirst, and wear the uniform for a bit.  When the novelty wears off, you can start messing with the label's expectations.

PD, where horribly mixing metaphors is just another Thursday.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2014, 11:43:50 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 22, 2014, 10:40:44 PM

When a new social function becomes available, it's natural to dive in headfirst, and wear the uniform for a bit.  When the novelty wears off, you can start messing with the label's expectations.

PD, where horribly mixing metaphors is just another Thursday.

You make an excellent point.
Molon Lube

Ben Shapiro

The irony of life when anti-gmo people lecture you about nutrition and health while smoking cigarettes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't remember whether I mentioned this yesterday, but my dishwasher crapped the bed.

I hate being poor.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."