News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

In those days Pt. 12: Our Heritage.

Started by Kai, November 02, 2010, 04:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

There are two things that matter. Our biological collective heritage as a species, as beings grown from the stardust of this planet. We are bound to this past the same way the universe is bound to the Big Bang. Part of this is our happiness, our understanding of what we are and were and using that to become all the possibilities of what greatness we might achieve. We store within us the wisdom of aeons, of ages of changes upon basepairs and transcription cascades stemming from the Primordial Mother. We here are the leavings of that past, the paintings of ancient reptiles, the artworks of the RNA world painted on a world sized canvas and constantly changing. We are heirs to this, our world, our shared life with life, we are curators of a great unveiling portrait of our ancestry. We collect and understand, we place in grottoes and crypts of metal vouchers of our biological history collected far and wide across the surface and above and within, we claim our understanding so even when the specimens long disintigrate we can say, we were there we saw that picture, we spoke those names, we understood the changes; we are holders of our ancestry.

We have our cultural collective heritage, our humaness, our cathexis in objects cast by monkey minds grown too large to be only monkey, we see our riches of what we have done in our explorations of ourself, our treasures of art, of buildings, of hammer and scraper and of our writings of understanding and misunderstanding. We trace the line of our thoughts back to when there was no thought, that second big bang, that second Eve, the dawning of our intent to know ourselves. This second artwork in so many forms we track, we preserve as our nature good or evil or both, we frame and place for all the eyes to see, we photograph, we cherish.

So when the fresco fades with the sun thousands of years in the future we can still say, yes, it was there, we have seen it, that is where it stood, that tower, that sculpture, that monument to minds, those writings long since copied. That is where they stood, place your hand against the ground and feel it, that knowlege, what has come before, we are here, it is us.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Kai

Afternote: Had a very strong urge to write this right before I fell asleep last night, to the point where I rolled out of bed, hooked up my computer and typed it out immediately, before I lost the thought. May need some editing.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish