News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Wax seal stamp

Started by El Sjaako, January 26, 2012, 07:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Sjaako

I made a discordian wax seal stamp:

What I did is make an original image out of a polymer clay (you know, the "clay" that becomes hard by itself, without needing a high temperature oven). This is a positive image, so the same as the final seal. I attached this to some beeswax and put it in a container:

Then I filled the container with plaster and let it dry:

When I had done this, I put the cast in the oven and melted out the beeswax. I filled the hollow with molten lead, and hammered off all the plaster. After a little bit of finishing with a dremel, this is the result:

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

NIIIIIICE

what is a "dremel" called in Dutch btw? because I think I should get me one.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 27, 2012, 01:50:56 AM
NIIIIIICE

what is a "dremel" called in Dutch btw? because I think I should get me one.

hand-held rotary tool.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dremel

Triple Zero

Oh, apparently it's just called "Dremel" in Dutch as well. I'll ask for that in the hardware store then :)

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dremel
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

Though I suppose I could also just get a set of attachment thingies for my drill and it'd do the same thing, right?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 27, 2012, 02:01:29 AM
Though I suppose I could also just get a set of attachment thingies for my drill and it'd do the same thing, right?

Probably.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

El Sjaako

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 27, 2012, 02:01:29 AM

I think dremels turn significantly faster. A quick google seems to indicate normal drills go up to about 1000 rpm, and dremels go up to 30000.

Triple Zero

DREMELS DREMELS EN NOG EENS DREMELS!!! :argh!:

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

You sir, are a badass.

As soon as I find the box of my crap with your correspondence in it, I'm going to write you another letter.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That is very clever and cool!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

El Sjaako

Quote from: Net on January 28, 2012, 11:49:29 PM
You sir, are a badass.

As soon as I find the box of my crap with your correspondence in it, I'm going to write you another letter.

Looking forward to it!

Quote from: Telarus on January 26, 2012, 10:16:01 AM
:mittens:
Quote from: Nigel on January 29, 2012, 02:02:16 AM
That is very clever and cool!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 27, 2012, 03:21:10 AM
That's fucking awesome.

Thanks

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

minuspace

Awesome, posting in thread to seal my way back.