News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

New Archive of Discordian Texts

Started by Rev. Judas IMOK, May 22, 2012, 12:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Telarus

Nice work man. As an archivist, you might be interested in this thread:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,27926.msg988915.html#msg988915
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Rev. Judas IMOK

Telarus: Thank you for the compliment.  :) As for the link you provided, it is rather coincidental that you linked that particular thread as I was already reading that earlier yesterday. You are correct though, that is something I really am interested in. I am actually planning on making a PDF of some of the info from that thread and including it in the links here. Really useful stuff!

That aside, I have added more files thanks to Cramulus. I believe there are 30 more files for a grand total of 80 which are archived here and elsewhere. Most of the new files are only single page pamphlets, there are some booklets and pics as well.

The list of titles available to download you will find at the initial post and my own site here is:

PosterGASM Volume BUTTS
PosterGASM Volume Dingus
A Chaos-Marxism Primer
Fractal Cult Pamphlet
The Prophets of the Main Way
Discordian Meme-Bomb Posters
Discordian Meme-Bombs-Aleph
Moosemas
Become A Missing Person
Breathing Manually
Consumption is Democratic
Discordian Devival
Discordian Brochure
End Discrimination
End Minority Opression
Equal Rights for Corporations
How to Know If You Are a Robot
Last Words
Letter to the Cabbages
Notice of Compulsory Illumination
Partnership Agreement
Printable Facebook Like-Dislike Stickers
Rules Not For You
Swine Flu
There Is No Discordian Society
Two Mindfrax
Discordia
Fnord
Found Cat
Waffles!
In honor of St. Oreo... Patron Saint of Fellatio, Ovulating Penguins, and Anti-Tea Drinking Chinese

MMMu

AFK

Tangentially related, it looks like the BIP wiki is working again.

You might want to check it out IMOK, it's located here.  www.blackironprison.com

That is, if you haven't happened upon it already. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Hey Judas, is there a single URL I can spread around the internet that accesses all these files, like a portal site or something?

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

Cool, I'm sharing it with various discordian facebook groups.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 24, 2012, 02:13:35 AM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 24, 2012, 02:12:40 AM
This is pretty awesome of you, dude.

Nothing serves a religion like a compulsive archivist.

I say we keep this one.

Yeah, I seriously hope he sticks around, this is rad.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rev. Judas IMOK

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on May 24, 2012, 11:59:07 AM
Tangentially related, it looks like the BIP wiki is working again.

You might want to check it out IMOK, it's located here.  www.blackironprison.com

That is, if you haven't happened upon it already.

Hey there!

Yeah I have already come across the wiki and have a bunch of stuff from the wiki I have downloaded and am going to upload onto my own site but I want to convert all the info to PDF files. I have a bunch of the rants and things. Plus I have all the "meme-bomb" pages that I am converting still.

I really am happy this is such a hit. And yes I fully plan on sticking around here. I love this place!  :)

Oh and LMNO, I know you were already given the link, but for anyone else curious, the link for all these files is at the bottom of the initial post as well.

In honor of St. Oreo... Patron Saint of Fellatio, Ovulating Penguins, and Anti-Tea Drinking Chinese

MMMu

Rev. Judas IMOK

I am going to go off-topic for a moment if I may. My apologies for bringing up an old subject and some may see this a no-brainer but it was brought to my attention and I had done some reading on this and wanted to put down what I had come up with.

I will be making this post into a PDF and including it among the downloadable texts on my site.

First I want to say a big thank you to Telarus for working on this issue here... http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,27926.msg988915.html#msg988915
As is shown in the above thread, the Discordian Document Numbering System isn't numbering the pages of books with 5 digits like "page 00023" for example. Set that understanding aside.

What my goal is, is to simply and succinctly lay out exactly WHAT the Discordian Document Numbering Sysytem is, at least in relation to the 4th edition of the Principia Discordia... AND provide PROOF. The original 1st edition has I believe three different numbering styles in use but I think they are all related. However I believe the examples used in the 4th edition are pretty much recognized as the norm. So this document will not cover the 1st edition. If you need a copy of the 4th ed., you can find it here

If you look at the PD 4th edition and go to PDF page 50, you will find the POEE Disorganizational Matrix. At the top of the page is a Document Number which we will be trying to decipher. It shows:

ODD# III(b)/4,i;18Aft3135

Now I should HOPE that everyone here can figure out the 18Aft3135. But for all the poor shcmucks that cant, it is a reference to the date the document was written according to the Discordian Calendar on PDF page 64. This is "18th Day of Aftermath, 3135 or November 6th, 1969. Pretty simple stuff.
By the way I know I said I wasn't going to cover the 1st edition, but if you see in it a numbering style that has VVM as part of the date, the VVM stands for "Patron St. Van Van Mojo" which represents the month (season?) of Discord. I have seen people trying to decipher that one and thought I would just throw that in here. Sorry.

Now from the beginning of the ODD# we see, III(b). If we look at the Disorganization Matrix on page 50, look at category III:
"III) THE HOUSE OF THE RISING HODGE"
Let's assume this is what the III is referencing. Now for the (b). Let us figure it is referencing the second category in the House of the Rising Hodge which is:
"B. The Bureau of The POEE Epistolary, and The Division of Dogmas"

So for now, let us take this as our working solution for the first part. Now what of the "/4,i"?

Well the / is just a divider so just ignore it. As for the "4,i" let us refer back to the Disorganizational Matrix. Category IV (4), we have:
"IV) THE HOUSE OF THE RISING PODGE"
Again, let's just go with this as what the "4" is leading to. Now the "i"... well "i" is just a lower case "I" which is the roman numeral for 1. So let us look at the first category under the House of the Rising Podge which leads us to:
"A. Office of My High Reverence, The Polyfather"
Which as we know can only mean Malaclypse the Younger.

So "assuming" we have figured this out, this document says it is from The Polyfather who is part of the House of the Rising Podge and (for?) the The Bureau of The POEE Epistolary, and The Division of Dogmas which is part of the House of the Rising Hodge on November 6th 1969.

All well and good but can this be verified or is it just a wild theory? Oh... I can prove it (as well as you can prove anything in this religion). The proof is ALSO on page 50 if you look at the stamp at the bottom of the page... it says:

OFFICIAL - POEE
Head Temple, San Francisco
HOUSE OF THE RISING PODGE
The Bureau of The POEE Epistolary

Notice those last two lines? Most people casually glancing at this figures The Bureau of The POEE Epistolary is a subsection of HOUSE OF THE RISING PODGE... but we know this is not so and I am certain it is not a spelling error or contradiction. It is talking about two different things. It seems to match up with my conclusions above and we can (I believe) safely assume this was written by the Polyfather and the calendar aspect is a no-brainer. So in conclusion, this is how we figure/decipher the Discordian Documnent Numbering System.

Hope this all was clear and can be of use to people. I give credit to helping me understand this to Telarus and those at the link posted above.

MMMu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I may be mistaken, but I don't think I have never seen anyone decipher that.

I am impressed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rev. Judas IMOK

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 24, 2012, 11:18:33 PM

I am impressed.

Thank you.  :) However as I mentioned, Telarus and some others in the thread Telarus had started had done much of the work as well. I just wanted to carefully spell out each individual step so as to be easy to see and understand by everyone.

MMMu

Doktor Howl

I am impressed.

This new person does not fit into the Holocaustian/BGC axis vs Hippie/Mad Doktor axis of Discordianism.

We need something new to call him.  He cannot be allowed to run loose without a label.  I mean, he could, but it would be wrong.

I shall have to brood over this for a while.

Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 24, 2012, 11:56:55 PM

I am impressed.

This new person does not fit into the Holocaustian/BGC axis vs Hippie/Mad Doktor axis of Discordianism.

We need something new to call him.  He cannot be allowed to run loose without a label.  I mean, he could, but it would be wrong.

What the crap? I KNEW YOU BASTARDS HAD SOME SUPER SECRET LABELING SYSTEM!!!!! :argh!:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The 3 wolf moon is a harsh SHUTUP on May 25, 2012, 12:02:34 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 24, 2012, 11:56:55 PM

I am impressed.

What the crap? I KNEW YOU BASTARDS HAD SOME SUPER SECRET LABELING SYSTEM!!!!! :argh!:

HUSH!  I'M BROODING!
Molon Lube