News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

This website is probably illegal soon too.

Started by Shit, July 31, 2009, 04:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

In a meritocracy, it's beneficial to have an incredibly dumb population.

MMIX

Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2009, 01:24:08 PM
In the land of the single digit IQ, the man who can think without moving his lips is King.

In the land of the single digit IQ, the man who can think without moving his hips is King.

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

LMNO

MMIX

Quote from: MMIX on July 31, 2009, 01:39:16 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2009, 01:24:08 PM
In the land of the single digit IQ, the man who can think without moving his lips is King.

In the land of the single digit IQ, the man who can't think without moving his hips is King.

oops - ya got me there Alphabetty - proofreading ftw
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Faust

Quote from: fomenter on July 31, 2009, 07:46:56 AM
don't worry we will send a crack team discordians to pull you out... or get rid of them.... or maybe some of both ...

I'm sorry, I am afraid we have to arrest you now, Under The law in Florida using the word "Crack" will earn you a drug rap
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on July 31, 2009, 01:53:42 PM
Quote from: fomenter on July 31, 2009, 07:46:56 AM
don't worry we will send a crack team discordians to pull you out... or get rid of them.... or maybe some of both ...

I'm sorry, I am afraid we have to arrest you now, Under The law in Florida using the word "Crack" will earn you a drug rap

I'm sorry, I am afraid we have to arrest you now, Under The law in Florida, using the word "rap" is considered a criminal act.

Cain

Flordia sounds like what happens when you try to make a tropical, banana republic style dystopia, only you let morons take charge.

AFK

Maybe it's all of the swamp fumes. 

Also, goddamn this country is really starting to stink. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Sir Squid Diddimus

That smell is the swamp gas.

You guys see why I'm so....

what's the word I'm looking for here...

angry/weird/disgruntled/aggravated/annoyed/disgusted/hostile/repulsed

get me out of here please help me for the love of all gods save me i can't take it anymore

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on July 31, 2009, 05:23:59 PM
That smell is the swamp gas.

You guys see why I'm so....

what's the word I'm looking for here...

angry/weird/disgruntled/aggravated/annoyed/disgusted/hostile/repulsed

get me out of here please help me for the love of all gods save me i can't take it anymore

This gif has been here for THREE YEARS and I just now saw it?????

BEST BUMP EVAH.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Started digging for some follow-up on this. A sort of "Where Are They Now." Haven't found that yet but I did find this:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/nov/14/authorities-crack-down-gang-using-internet-recruit/

Evidently, there were a dozen others nabbed up in "Operation Firewall" including:

QuoteOf special note is the arrest of Devin Goldie, DOB 4-5-93, of 1735 NW 13th Terrace, Cape Coral. On November 12, 2008, Lee County sheriff's detectives received information that Goldie, a student at North Fort Myers High School, had posted on his Myspace homepage the statement "MY HIT LIST: (people I wanna kill)" that listed as many as nineteen names including classmates, a teacher, a principal and a Cape Coral police officer. Goldie is a self-proclaimed member of "JUGGALO" ..a gang recognized as a national security threat by the FBI.

----

The only follow up I've found yet is that the two named in the OP and one other filed a motion to dismiss, which was denied with the obligatory nod at constitutionality:

QuoteUpon review of the applicable law, the court hereby denies the Defendants' motions because the Court finds that the statute can be construed in a constitutional manner. However, because there is a substantial potential for the statute to be misapplied to unconstitutionally burden core constitutional freedoms, this Court believes that the judiciary must be very vigilant in regards to any criminal prosecutions brought under this statute to ensure that constitutional standards are met.

IOW: There's a high potential for other courts to fuck this up...but we never would.

The third person took a no lo contendre (which is a thread roiling in my guts right now). The other two, as of January 12, 2010, had their cases still listed as pending.

EDIT: Poked further.
Figueroa-Santiago, as near as I can tell, originally plead no lo, but there appears to be some sort of appeal underway. This was the 22-year-old college student, who's now a 25-year-old filing an appeal against a sentence he's already served and fines he's already paid, using a public defender because of indigence. This one kind of gets to me.

The prosecutors elected not to pursue the case against Elvis Rodriguez'.

The third dude who was mentioned in the OP plead no-lo, served 300 some odd days in jail, and was assessed $600 bucks or so of fines and fees which have been turned over for collections.

The Juggalo??? TBD.

http://www.citmedialaw.org/threats/florida-v-figueroa-santiago

---------

EDIT FOR HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

This case is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

This is taken directly from the FUCKING COURT OPINION:

QuoteInterestingly, articles about increasing usage of the internet by criminal gangs can be found on websites run by news agencies. Specifically, the website for the local NBC network affiliated television station has such an article that can be found at http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=10684061. In this January 18, 2007 Lee County news story, NBC2 investigators say they have discovered that gangs are recruiting kids by using popular social networking sites like YouTube and Myspace. They quote gang experts who say that gang videos are the newest threat on the internet.

I for one, am comforted to know that our courts have finally come around to judging constitutionality based on the evidence of some scary-ass shit I seen the other day on the evening news.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool