News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

If I publish an artbook...edit-DONE

Started by Suu, January 06, 2008, 10:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you fuck-offs purchase one?

YES OH GREAT SUU! GIVE UNTO THEE YOUR SWAG TO FEED YOUR CAPITALIST SOUL!
4 (50%)
Fuck you, take your petty peddling elsewhere, wench!
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Suu

I'll be using Lulu, so you get to order from them or like, Borders.com, but yeah. No more than $20, full of my shitty doodles.

You buy, I be happy.

I'm going to actually plan it out a bit tonight. I figure 50 pages, which some for commentary or whatever, biography BS, then like a chapter for sketches, colored pencil, and um...big shit like the street painting festivals.

If anything it's good promo merch for my table...And I will probably want one in about 3 weeks for Templecon. Fuck, I gotta get rollin'.  :x
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

I refuse to buy.

Nothing personal, its just I've spent about $600 on books in the past 3 months and I've barely made a dent in my reading list.

I'll probably get around to buying it in a year or so, kind of like with Syn's version of the PD.  Is that cool?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2008, 10:55:39 PM
I refuse to buy.

Nothing personal, its just I've spent about $600 on books in the past 3 months and I've barely made a dent in my reading list.

I'll probably get around to buying it in a year or so, kind of like with Syn's version of the PD.  Is that cool?

You have a book obsession. Srsly.

I also need to get Syn's PD. Lol. Make that bitch autograph it too.

Of course with an artbook, you aren't reading much, are you? XD

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2008, 12:51:31 AM
I  might buy it.

It's all good. I threw one of these shameless polls up on each of my forums to see what the response would be...you know, for it to be actually worth it.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

not buying currently, someday when im not a starving artist too

Suu

Publish an artbook and you won't be starving.

We can barter, bitch.

Eve

Perhaps, if I would be able to use my Borders employee discount..
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Sir Squid Diddimus

after wedding+honeymoon, i may buy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anonymously Evil on January 07, 2008, 05:12:09 AM
Perhaps, if I would be able to use my Borders employee discount..

I worked at Borders for about 700 years. After the first few centuries the charm of after-work drinking with my misanthropist coworkers wore off and I hated it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eve

I still like the after-work drinking. I mostly hate being stuck in the cafe.. have been making coffee for too long.  :x
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

hunter s.durden

I won't buy, but only because I hope you die poor and alone.
This space for rent.

Cramulus

Only furries buy star wars fan art

just kidding, I'd buy it. Will there be a coloring section? A WOMP section? :p

AFK

I'm pretty stingy with my money, so honestly, I probably wouldn't, no offense.  It's taken me this long to order the hard cover PD.  And it's been out for how long?  And the only reason I got it was because the Exec Director gave everyone Borders Gift Cards. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 07, 2008, 02:29:40 PM
Only furries buy star wars fan art

just kidding, I'd buy it. Will there be a coloring section? A WOMP section? :p

I'll publish a special WOMP edition further down the road.

Actually Cram, if you publish a book of WOMPs, I would fucking buy it and put it on the coffee table. Seriously.

Darth Cupcake

I am on the same page as Cain here. Worst part being, I still can't seem to stop buying books (there's a B&N in Kenmore Square, so close to my office! I get a faculty/staff discount! How can I say no?!). But I'm working on being better about it.

I've almost killed my credit card and once I can start paying my bills every month and still have money to throw into savings, then I'll look into buying nice things. But right now I am living a life of extreme austerity. I have lots of ramen. :cry:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.