News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

"Hunting Season" Officially Kicks Off In Florida

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, July 14, 2013, 03:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Ben Shapiro

This thread is now about stupid comments you find on facebook, tumblr,and youtube.

DO IT! DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Are you serious?

I'm finding stupid shit faster than I can upload and post. Po'buckers EVERYWHERE.

East Coast Hustle

So I know nobody wants to hear it, but regardless of the fact that we all think he shouldn't have shot the kid, from a purely legal standpoint there was no way he was ever gonna be convicted of homicide. Jury handed down the correct verdict for the case they were presented. Prosecution should have been smart enough to go for manslaughter instead but, well, Florida.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Chasing somebody who didn't do anything to you down the street and killing them would be enough for a conviction, I would think.
SYG makes it confusing institutionalized racism though.

Well, that and the lady who's doing 20 years for firing warning shots.

Hello, 1955.

East Coast Hustle

Well, there's the whole part where the kid threw punches. That certainly muddies the water in terms of making a homicide case. And Florida's "legal" system and racial hijinks don't change the fact that if it weren't for all the media sensationalism surrounding the case it would have been a manslaughter case and a fairly easy one to make.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

Does anybody remember "self defense"?
Just sayin.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 14, 2013, 08:23:32 PM
Well, there's the whole part where the kid threw punches. That certainly muddies the water in terms of making a homicide case. And Florida's "legal" system and racial hijinks don't change the fact that if it weren't for all the media sensationalism surrounding the case it would have been a manslaughter case and a fairly easy one to make.

If it weren't for all the media sensationalism, he wouldn't even have gotten arrested.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 14, 2013, 08:23:32 PM

If someone is chasing after me I assume he's trying to kill me, or mug me. Exception being cops since I'll prolong my death by not swinging.

East Coast Hustle

I don't think anybody is hearing what I'm saying.

Salty

Quote from: Balls Wellington on July 15, 2013, 09:57:46 AM
I don't think anybody is hearing what I'm saying.

No, as disgusting a human being as Zimmerman clearly is, I can see the points your making.

Just because the prosecutors in FL are a pack of fucking mouth breathing morons doesn't mean the jury was wrong, from a clearly legal standpoint.

Yeah, laws are stupid sometimes, but those jurors received explicit instruction as to burden of proof, etc.

Blame lobbyists, blame Barack Obama, blame guns. But the reality is, things are the way they are at this precise moment, and regardless of whether we should change them or not, those a lot of people got to this place based on that actual reality.

As opposed to the illustrator world that contains Justice that people have convinced themselves, somehow, exists.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't help thinking that public pressure played a role in this. We DEMANDED that they try him for murder instead of manslaughter, and they did, despite the fact that murder was an unwinnable case. He probably would have been convicted of manslaughter, but then we would be complaining about how it should have been murder.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hirley0

My guess {delay impoised)
ad 197 it was 100% fake 04:29:57.555 am
there never WAS a time certain {4:31:1a
of this call {4:31
                                                            OR any other in this case 5:33&1/3