News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

"I create my own reality!"

Started by zackli, August 14, 2014, 07:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: nonheroick on September 13, 2014, 05:52:44 PM
I, myself, have spent a long time struggling with the balance between disassociating and creating my own reality. I have a mild form of schizophrenia, and from a young age disassociated very heavily, causing myself to do many actions that I myself did not feel in control of. Once I realized that I did have control over my actions, and that I had control over the thoughts that I had in my head, I went in the opposite direction and began feeling like reality controlled ME.

In the past few years, I came to realize that reality is somewhere in-between subjective and objective. Chaos is around us always, always throwing unexpected events in our way, but we have the power to control them through our thoughts and how we see the world. However, believing that we can completely take over reality and change it is where some pass over from wisdom to lunacy. This is usually characterized by (in my own experience) feeling that nothing is real, or solid; letting entire hours pass by staring at the wall or ceiling without any sort of gnosis/intention; an inflated ego which believes that i can pass through walls or make miraculous jumps off of buildings unharmed.

I guess the moral of the story is root yourself in reality first before you make any adventures creating your own reality. However, these roots should be growing and rapidly absorbing, not stagnant like stone stakes.

:motorcycle:

I am interested in your beliefs and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

nonheroick

Quote from: MasterBlaster on September 13, 2014, 08:30:21 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on September 13, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

The only ways to "change reality" is either thru a change in the interpretation of the meaning of it or thru taking action.

Both can be seen as basically the same, e.g., in practical occultism (magic(k)).
Precisely. And this can not be done aimlessly. Or else you may fall into the trap of believing you are more powerful than you really are. There's a reason that they say one "goes mad" with power.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MasterBlaster on September 13, 2014, 08:30:21 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on September 13, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

The only ways to "change reality" is either thru a change in the interpretation of the meaning of it or thru taking action.

Both can be seen as basically the same, e.g., in practical occultism (magic(k)).

:magick:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

nonheroick

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 13, 2014, 10:38:09 PM
Quote from: nonheroick on September 13, 2014, 05:52:44 PM
I, myself, have spent a long time struggling with the balance between disassociating and creating my own reality. I have a mild form of schizophrenia, and from a young age disassociated very heavily, causing myself to do many actions that I myself did not feel in control of. Once I realized that I did have control over my actions, and that I had control over the thoughts that I had in my head, I went in the opposite direction and began feeling like reality controlled ME.

In the past few years, I came to realize that reality is somewhere in-between subjective and objective. Chaos is around us always, always throwing unexpected events in our way, but we have the power to control them through our thoughts and how we see the world. However, believing that we can completely take over reality and change it is where some pass over from wisdom to lunacy. This is usually characterized by (in my own experience) feeling that nothing is real, or solid; letting entire hours pass by staring at the wall or ceiling without any sort of gnosis/intention; an inflated ego which believes that i can pass through walls or make miraculous jumps off of buildings unharmed.

I guess the moral of the story is root yourself in reality first before you make any adventures creating your own reality. However, these roots should be growing and rapidly absorbing, not stagnant like stone stakes.

:motorcycle:

I am interested in your beliefs and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
No such newsletter exists yet. I will consider making one.

LMNO

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

Ok, thread redeemed.  But I swear, we start talking about occultism, I will turn this forum right around and we'll all go back home.  Just see if I don't.

PS: Nice post nonheroick

MasterBlaster

I wasn't really trying to turn the thread in the direction of occultism, it was just a comment on the fuzzy limits between "change as reinterpretation" and "change as action".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MasterBlaster on September 14, 2014, 08:40:18 PM
I wasn't really trying to turn the thread in the direction of occultism, it was just a comment on the fuzzy limits between "change as reinterpretation" and "change as action".

Keep digging, man.   :lol:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.