News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Brit Spags! So Jim fixed it...

Started by Mangrove, October 23, 2012, 08:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

This keeps coming up:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27183369

QuotePolice are examining whether there is evidence of a criminal cover-up over claims of sexual abuse at a school linked to the late MP Sir Cyril Smith.

The leader of Rochdale Council and Greater Manchester's chief constable are due to give an update on the claims over Knowl View school in Rochdale.

Officers are already investigating the abuse allegations and the council is set to widen its own inquiry.

Sir Cyril's family has said he always denied such accusations.

The development comes after police launched an investigation into allegations that former Liberal MP Sir Cyril, who died in 2010 aged 82, sexually abused boys at Knowl View residential school. The school closed in 1992.

Officers are also looking into claims he abused boys at the privately run Cambridge House children's care home, which closed in 1965.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27170909

QuoteBut Simon Danczuk, Rochdale's current Labour MP, claims Sir Cyril used his powerful position to evade prosecution for sexually abusing boys.

The allegations first surfaced in 1979 when Private Eye magazine carried reports that he abused teenagers at Cambridge House, a privately run "hostel for working boys" in Rochdale, which closed in 1965.

As a rule of thumb, Private Eye tend not to print anything they're not totally sure that they can win in court with. If they were pushing that idea in '79, I'd bet they had pretty solid reasons for doing so. Nothing else particularly astonishing but it's yet another unfortunate link between relatively powerful UK citizens and paedophilia.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Craig Murray also mentioned this, in relation to his campaign against Jack Straw in 2005:

QuoteThe point of which is – I know how Cyril Smith did it.  It was a different category of crime he was committing, but I have seen how in these Lancashire towns like Blackburn and Rochdale the authorities collude together so comfortably to cover up the crimes of the local big man, be it Cyril Smith or Jack Straw.  It may seem quite incredible that everybody knew in Rochdale and nothing was done, but having tried to challenge Straw in Blackburn, I know precisely how it worked.  The entire political culture of industrial Lancashire is deeply rotten, and ought to be a source of deep shame.

In other news:

QuotePublicist Max Clifford has been found guilty of eight indecent assaults on women and girls as young as 15.

The 71-year-old, from Surrey, was convicted of a string of assaults which happened over nearly 20 years.

He was cleared of two charges of indecent assault, while the jury at Southwark Crown Court failed to reach a verdict on another charge.

Clifford, who is the first person to be convicted under Operation Yewtree, was bailed and will be sentenced on Friday.

Junkenstein

Excellent news regarding Clifford. Couldn't happen to a more deserving individual. Here's hoping he starts letting loose with names too cut some of his own time down.

Fucker dying in jail is pretty close to justice for his various crimes against journalism, with any luck exactly that will happen.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27192600

QuoteAfterwards, Clifford posed outside court for photographers with his daughter Louise but ignored questions from reporters, saying: "I have been told by my lawyers to say nothing at all."

That faint echo you hear is me laughing.

Junkenstein

HA HA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27294888

QuoteEntertainer Freddie Starr will not be prosecuted following allegations of sex offences, the Crown Prosecution Service has said.

There was "insufficient evidence" to prosecute, the CPS said.

Mr Starr has been on bail after being arrested by detectives investigating allegations of sexual abuse as part of Operation Yewtree.

He was first questioned in November 2012, and has always denied any wrongdoing.

Quote"In relation to one further complainant, we have decided that although there is sufficient evidence for a realistic prospect of conviction, according to the Code for Crown Prosecutors, a prosecution would not be in the public interest.

ONLY SERIOUS.

Best go and have a chat with Max, eh? Bet he'll be quite willing to tell you ALL SORTS OF THINGS.

Junkenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27291032

QuoteEx-BBC presenter Stuart Hall has pleaded guilty to indecently assaulting a girl under 16 but denies a further 19 charges.

Mr Hall is accused of a series of rape and indecent assault offences, which are alleged to have happened between 1976 and 1981 in Greater Manchester and Cheshire.

He has admitted one count of indecent assault against a girl in 1978.

Cain

And the hits just keep on coming:

QuoteAn undercover cop probing VIP child abuse allegations at a gay sex parlour ended up raping a teenage boy, according to ­sensational new claims.

The victim, who was 16 at the time, has told how he was forced into sex work as a masseur at the Elm Guest House near Barnes in South West London in 1982.

Among the rich and powerful who he says abused him was disgraced former Liberal MP Cyril Smith.

Others said to frequent the guest house included a government ­minister, a high-ranking policeman, a member of the royal household, an MI5 ­officer and traitor spy Anthony Blunt.

It is the Mirror, so treat with due caution.

More credibly, Exaro has been following the story of the rape of a 19 year old student by an ex-Cabinet minister in 1967 - a woman the Met have been trying to smear in recent days.

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5262/rapist-ex-cabinet-minister-named-in-tom-watson-s-dpp-letter

MMIX

Politicians, eh? You've got to love them. No really, you've got to or they'll use force . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Junkenstein

What a shock. I wonder if he's still going for the "crap satan" look. The last load of mugshots with that shitty goatee made him look hilarious.

Mangrove

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 05, 2014, 05:23:03 PM
What a shock. I wonder if he's still going for the "crap satan" look. The last load of mugshots with that shitty goatee made him look hilarious.

What is shocking is this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Glitter

In particular, the number of times the phrase 'reduced sentence' appears.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

BadBeast

I think the main reason Savile got away with it for so long was that he had the dirt on everyone, from the Palace down. The man moved in some surprisingly powerful circles, regularly spent Christmas with The Queen at Balmoral, or with his very good friends, the Thatchers. There are even rumours that Carol Thatcher is actually his daughter, and to look at, they are like, really alike. He was a procurer of children to all the most elite paedophiles, from the Palace, to the Vatican, and had some really powerful mojo going on. He was known as "Mr Fix-it" by some real heavy underworld figures (Including the Krays) a long time before the TV show came along, and used his influence to blackmail, bully, and intimidate the establishment into doing just what he wanted. Also interesting that the only two people I ever heard of who openly denounced Savile as a paedophile were themselves, subjected to total ridicule (David Icke) or had brilliant careers sidelined, and kept out of the public eye. (Jerry Sadowicz)

I'm not prone to believing any old lot of hocus pocus magicky bullshit as a rule, but this documentary makes some very interesting points about Savile, and while I don't subscribe to "supernatural" powers, the similarities between Savile's MO, and some of the more sinister MKUltra techniques used by the CIA (Among others) to produce throwaway sex slaves / alters bears scrutiny.
http://youtu.be/-QUuCWNyvv8
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

minuspace

Great production value - having trouble loading after intro - good use of "Lost Boys" title song.  I hope the video is not too disturbing?

BadBeast

Quote from: LuciferX on June 06, 2014, 09:45:14 PM
Great production value - having trouble loading after intro - good use of "Lost Boys" title song.  I hope the video is not too disturbing?
It's not lurid or gratuitous, and yeah, the production values are almost TV Standard. "Jingle jangle" *shudders
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

minuspace

Quote from: BadBeast on June 06, 2014, 11:49:43 PM
Quote from: LuciferX on June 06, 2014, 09:45:14 PM
It's not lurid or gratuitous, and yeah, the production values are almost TV Standard. "Jingle jangle" *shudders

Yea, that crept up quick.