News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Hoopla on October 03, 2014, 05:58:59 PM
Live free, or die.

Oh Jesus Christ, WMUR just released that one of the hospitals has scabies patients. My friend is a nurse there. 2 patients.  TWO WHOLE FUCKING PATIENTS WITH A CURABLE ISSUE AND IT NEEDS TO MAKE THE NEWS. BECAUSE OBAMABOLA.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Suu on October 03, 2014, 06:00:27 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on October 03, 2014, 05:58:59 PM
Live free, or die.

Oh Jesus Christ, WMUR just released that one of the hospitals has scabies patients. My friend is a nurse there. 2 patients.  TWO WHOLE FUCKING PATIENTS WITH A CURABLE ISSUE AND IT NEEDS TO MAKE THE NEWS. BECAUSE OBAMABOLA.
I think scabies patients should be kept in hospitals. It is better than storing them in your cupboard. Or in the trunk of your car.
Where does WMUR expect to find scabies patients?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Just FYI, I've turned off all notifications from TDS2014.  The truly retarded output of the final week has convinced me nothing of value would be lost by removing it from my feed permamently.

Doktor Howl

Just got my new salary, post-promotion.   :eek:

:eek:

This can't be real.  Something bad is gonna happen.  God won't let me keep this.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 08:33:28 PM

This can't be real.  Something bad is gonna happen.  God won't let me keep this.

:banana:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

All and any planned playthroughs for Youtube have been put indefinitely on hold, thanks to an almost infinite number of BSODs since yesterday.

Save me any of your cheap OS wars comments - I'm extremely frustrated that I spent good money on a machine which isn't working any longer, and I will find time to take out that frustration on a suitable target if they present themselves.  Until I can get to the root of the problem and fix it, though, I basically cant do anything.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on October 03, 2014, 07:28:29 PM
Just FYI, I've turned off all notifications from TDS2014.  The truly retarded output of the final week has convinced me nothing of value would be lost by removing it from my feed permamently.

This is where I got to a few days ago. The territory was not worth holding. I've got copies of my few sincere projects from there so why bother with the spam?

It had occurred to me some time ago that in the context of being a mystery school for problem students Discordianism is inside out. The useful, appealing,  practical stuff is esoteric, and the off putting, weird, borderline illegal BS is exoteric.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on October 03, 2014, 09:23:33 PM
All and any planned playthroughs for Youtube have been put indefinitely on hold, thanks to an almost infinite number of BSODs since yesterday.

Save me any of your cheap OS wars comments - I'm extremely frustrated that I spent good money on a machine which isn't working any longer, and I will find time to take out that frustration on a suitable target if they present themselves.  Until I can get to the root of the problem and fix it, though, I basically cant do anything.

Shitty, dude.  :(

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 04:48:44 AM
Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on October 02, 2014, 09:13:39 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 01, 2014, 04:38:55 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 01, 2014, 04:04:37 AM
I'd like to offer some impractical and unsolicited advice.

Hire porters.  It's what all the best people do.

:lulz: :lulz: :mittens: :mittens:

Best impractical and unsolicited advice ITT.

a wheelie grocery bag?

drag that shit, don't heft it.

:lulz: Can't tell if srs or being facetious.

totally serious. I love mine, it's fucking useful.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 02:53:47 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 03, 2014, 12:32:09 PM

a wheelie grocery bag?

To be honest it sounds like a good suggestion.  A small luggage bag with wheels/handle might be just thing thing.

Yes, it is certainly a novel suggestion that no student has ever before considered, not in any way a common sight on all college campuses everywhere in the world, and there is no possible way that I may have rejected it for reasons I never would have anticipated explaining on a forum.

Seriously, guys, the problem with unsolicited advice based on incomplete knowledge is that it's tiresome and almost always unintentionally both condescending and stupid, and generally puts the unwilling advisee in a situation where they are explaining details that nobody gives any fucks about, like the part where their walk from downtown to south waterfront precludes dragging a stupid small case on wheels. Not to mention what a pain in the ass those things are on the bus.

I was just complaining. Not asking for solutions to a mundane problem absolutely nobody on the internet knows enough details of to possibly have the tools to solve. Suggesting really obvious solutions gives me the impression you think I'm an idiot, and is a waste of everyone's time.

apologies, my bad. or wheelie bag, IDK

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 03:51:03 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 03:45:33 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 03:43:33 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 03:32:31 PM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 03:31:28 PM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Now THAT's the kind of unsolicited impractical advice I can get behind.

I need to start doing that to everyone.

You seriously should, because so many people do it with absolute sincerity that it would be hilarious.

Facebook is the worst. I always forget that if I ever complain about anything, or even simply comment on something mundane, generally at least 5 people (most of whom don't even really know me and know nothing about the larger context of my complaint) will offer the most infuriatingly inapplicable advice, usually in the format "why don't you just...?" and then fifteen minutes later I realize that I'm in a conversation where I'm explaining minute details of my life that nobody cares about and are nobody's business to near-strangers.

I think we need to gin up two absolutely absurd tales of woe that have no real answer.  Then you and I should each post one and compare the results.  My hypothesis is that you, being female, will receive WAY more stupid/condescending advice.

:lulz: I love this idea.

I say we invent each other's problems.

All right. I'm home all day tomorrow doing homework and hanging out with my children. I will ponder this and concoct a really absurd problem/complaint for you that could only conceivably be resolved by someone with the full context of the situation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on October 03, 2014, 05:42:12 PM
Today's new conspiracy theory on the internet:

When Ebola goes epidemic in the US because it's going to mutate and go airborne, Obama and all the politicians have a hidden city in the mountain. Food trucks are going there right now.

:?

They couldn't come up with an ORIGINAL conspiracy theory? That one's completely cobbled together out of the old "mountain stronghold" conspiracy theory from the 40's.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 03, 2014, 08:33:28 PM

Worse scenario: God gave it to you, because you're doing His work.

Don't think too hard about that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pope Pixie Pickle on October 04, 2014, 01:20:58 AM
Quote from: Doktor Skinsaw on October 03, 2014, 02:53:47 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on October 03, 2014, 12:32:09 PM

a wheelie grocery bag?

To be honest it sounds like a good suggestion.  A small luggage bag with wheels/handle might be just thing thing.

Yes, it is certainly a novel suggestion that no student has ever before considered, not in any way a common sight on all college campuses everywhere in the world, and there is no possible way that I may have rejected it for reasons I never would have anticipated explaining on a forum.

Seriously, guys, the problem with unsolicited advice based on incomplete knowledge is that it's tiresome and almost always unintentionally both condescending and stupid, and generally puts the unwilling advisee in a situation where they are explaining details that nobody gives any fucks about, like the part where their walk from downtown to south waterfront precludes dragging a stupid small case on wheels. Not to mention what a pain in the ass those things are on the bus.

I was just complaining. Not asking for solutions to a mundane problem absolutely nobody on the internet knows enough details of to possibly have the tools to solve. Suggesting really obvious solutions gives me the impression you think I'm an idiot, and is a waste of everyone's time.

apologies, my bad. or wheelie bag, IDK

Not trying to shit on your wheelie bag, Pix. It's just that I wasn't looking for advice, nor anticipating having to explain why a bunch of really rather obvious solutions that work fine for many people don't work for my particular scenario. Plus I worked out the logistics already, which is what my OP on the topic was about needing to do.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 03, 2014, 07:28:29 PM

I left all of the Discordian groups except for the Portland one and Eris's Disco Clitterball. They've just gone to the point of being utter cesspools.