News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 17, 2014, 04:00:25 PM
Now spreading rumors that a Star Wars movie based entirely on Gungans is in the works.

I just got screamed at by a 400 pound "tuskan raider".

Life is good.

Even knowing you're full of shit...  I hate you.   :p
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on October 18, 2014, 12:20:50 AM
Now spreading rumors that a Star Wars movie based entirely on Gungans is in the works.

Life is good.

I like to think of myself as an artist.
Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 18, 2014, 02:10:27 AM
Quote from: Luna on October 18, 2014, 12:20:50 AM

Life is good.

I like to think of myself as an artist.

Yeah...  I did a full-body shudder at the very concept.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Burned two bridges today. One I'm not any the worse for being rid of. The other went up as a result of a complete fucking accident I'm sick about.

I could really use a deep dark hole right now.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on October 19, 2014, 03:34:42 AM
Burned two bridges today. One I'm not any the worse for being rid of. The other went up as a result of a complete fucking accident I'm sick about.

I could really use a deep dark hole right now.

Oh no, I'm sorry. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I wish work would make up their fucking minds.  They either want me pulling insanely long shifts (6am to 4pm yesterday) or none at all (ie; all of this week).

Is it too much to ask for reasonable workloads, every day?  I'd much prefer working 5 hours a day, every day of the week, than pulling three huge shifts which then require at least a day just to recover from.

Well, I suppose this is why I'm applying to go back to work in education.  Not Houseparenting...but still.  Teenagers.  Urgh.  On the other hand, stable working hours are pretty desirable right now...

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on October 19, 2014, 08:39:05 AM
I wish work would make up their fucking minds.  They either want me pulling insanely long shifts (6am to 4pm yesterday) or none at all (ie; all of this week).

Is it too much to ask for reasonable workloads, every day?  I'd much prefer working 5 hours a day, every day of the week, than pulling three huge shifts which then require at least a day just to recover from.

Well, I suppose this is why I'm applying to go back to work in education.  Not Houseparenting...but still.  Teenagers.  Urgh.  On the other hand, stable working hours are pretty desirable right now...

That's shitty. I hope the pay rate makes it somewhat worth it.

My new corporate employers have been fairly reasonable if you don't factor in paying minimum wage. Looks like there may be a path to a well-paying position involving working with the interwebs backbone, so I'm going to suck it up for now.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

It sucks trying to have a life without a semi-stable schedule. Pretty much just end up living for vacation.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's just rude. Are they using you to fill in shifts when the other employees call in sick or no-show?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Ouija boards allow people who can't spell to speak with spirits that also can't spell.

Which I think is awesome.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 20, 2014, 04:45:20 PM
Ouija boards allow people who can't spell to speak with spirits that also can't spell.

Which I think is awesome.

:lulz:

Suu

Managing my appetite on thyroid meds has become interesting. Some days I'm a bottomless pit, and other days I eat breakfast and I'm good for hours, but I'm never starving anymore. I'm either generally peckish or uninterested in food most of the day, but I am hungry in the morning, typically right after I take my pill and I need to wait like a half hour.  :argh!: This isn't a bad thing, because I'm assuming this means my thyroid is seeing that I have fat to burn and don't need as many calories, but at the same time I'm worried about keeping up with nutrition. So I think I need to force myself to eat something small and balanced for lunch or early dinner every day even if I'm not feeling hungry. I'll bring this up to my doctor when I go for my first check-in in a couple of weeks.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Q. G. Pennyworth

I've set up a page on one of those "let people buy your prints" sites. I will be reaching out to people over PM for permission to post some of the Big Words materials there. Just a heads up.