News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Stuffed Red Pepper and Spinach Salad

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, February 10, 2012, 03:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

The carnivore wanted soup tonight, so I got to make something interesting! That's two red bell pepper halves stuffed with a pretty basic egg salad (eggs, mayo, a little tabasco) surrounded by baby spinach with sliced avacado, croutons, and carrots that were rejected from one of the kids' plates. With a little ranch dressing, of course, because I am and will always be a five year old kid when it comes to salads.

Wasn't as good as the first time we made stuffed peppers, the skin was a little bitter. Still, solid B+ night.

East Coast Hustle

Want a hint that will helpwith the skin on the peppers?

before you cut the pepper and remove the seeds and pith, char it briefly over the flame on your gas stove (or directly on the burner set to medium heat if you're one of those heathens that cooks with electric), rotating it until the skin on all sides has mostly but not completely blackened. Remove from heat and let cool, then, under cold running water, rub the charred skin. Most of it will come off, and the little bits that remain will impart a nice smoky flavor to the pepper. If it's done right, the flesh of the pepper will still be firm enough to hold it's shape, but will have cooked just enough to sweeten it up a little and offer a nice counterbalance to the smoky flavor of the few remaining bits of skin.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"