News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Just had a breakthrough on the computer issues.  Found a handy "BSOD logger" had been installed, about 4 days ago, when I was updating my drivers and shiz.  Have sent off the whole thing to tech support...which should give them the ability to fix most of the problems I'm having.

Suu

My cousin was hospitalized last week and put on bedrest. Apparently the twins want out a lot sooner. Or rather, her cervix is being a jerk, or something. I dunno. They're hoping they can keep the babbehs inside for at least another month so they're viable. FML.

I'm beginning to think that our generation was not meant to procreate.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2014, 08:41:10 PM
Just had a breakthrough on the computer issues.  Found a handy "BSOD logger" had been installed, about 4 days ago, when I was updating my drivers and shiz.  Have sent off the whole thing to tech support...which should give them the ability to fix most of the problems I'm having.

Duuuude!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Your Mom on October 06, 2014, 04:25:53 PM
Somehow I have been handed the role of social organizer for my friend who is in town. One of my friends is freaking out and wants to talk to me because her 23-year-old son isn't close to her anymore. Another of my friends is messaging me because he's having conflicts with his mom. Yet another keeps trying to talk me about Ingress. My daughter is refusing to go to her father's house and is being really needy. And last night on Facebook, one of my old friends I don't really hang out with anymore accused me of playing "the race card" because I pointed out the irony of a headline about someone getting mugged in a newly-gentrified neighborhood where formerly even STABBINGS didn't make the news.

WTF, dude.

BEST LIFE EVER!
It's like you're never bored.
*Eating a shitty sandwich* What's that the house is on fire? The dog stole my car? *Injects PCP* FUCK IT LET'S DO THIS!

The Wizard Joseph

Chilling post work-apocalypse with friends. Tonight they are showing me a thing called 'Cowboy Bebop'. We do this weekly to help me boot up some of the popular culture.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So today I got an email from my former sister-in-law informing me that my ex-husband died a few days ago.

Cain

Quote from: Your Mom on October 07, 2014, 12:23:17 AM
Quote from: Cain on October 06, 2014, 08:41:10 PM

Duuuude!

Well, they've confirmed that this strongly suggests it is a memory test....but they want me to run MemTest86 anyway.  Which I was having problems with the previous day.

Anyone used memtest86 on a USB here before?  I wouldnt mind a step-by-step guide if someone has that experience.

minuspace

I didn't "get into" patient records, no.  :muah:

Cain

Quote from: Your Mom on October 07, 2014, 06:09:20 AM
So today I got an email from my former sister-in-law informing me that my ex-husband died a few days ago.

Sorry to hear that.  You OK?

LMNO

Junkenstein

Well that's one way to start a day. Not a good one though, hope it's not too fucked up.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Your Mom on October 07, 2014, 06:09:20 AM

That's a terrible way to learn of someone's death.

My condolences.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm OK... it's a little weird, but I'm OK. The weird thing is that a friend of mine mentioned him just the other day, and I said "I have a feeling he's dead" and, well, now he is.

So weird. I'll probably be processing a lot of stuff over the next couple weeks. I married him very young and he was not a good man to be married to.

Chelagoras The Boulder

well, on the plus side, at least this proves you're psychic now
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."