News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Matters Of Perspective

Started by Adios, September 28, 2010, 12:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

I have been pussyfooting around long enough. If anyone wants to get down in the mud with me, then that is just fine. I have had enough.  I won't tolerate anymore.

Fair enough. I wish you luck.
Insanity we trust.

Epimetheus

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 28, 2010, 06:09:56 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on September 28, 2010, 06:09:01 AM
:mittens: :fuckmittens:

Your post has left me confused.

The meaning I associate with the fuckmittens is Mittens + Badass. I don't know what they originally meant, but I consider them mittens for use when addressing something badass. Both pairs of mittens were meant positively.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Adios

Quote from: Epimetheus on September 28, 2010, 06:12:26 AM
Quote from: Charley Brown on September 28, 2010, 06:09:56 AM
Quote from: Epimetheus on September 28, 2010, 06:09:01 AM
:mittens: :fuckmittens:

Your post has left me confused.

The meaning I associate with the fuckmittens is Mittens + Badass. I don't know what they originally meant, but I consider them mittens for use when addressing something badass. Both pairs of mittens were meant positively.

Then thank you.

the last yatto

I think fuckmittens is the most misunderstood meme of the board, younger generation gets it as they see it as FUCK YEAH while others seem confused as why ones waving the middle finger in the air.

I say wave your middle fingers proudly, wave em like you just don't care
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Doktor Howl

I'm still wondering what you're so upset about, Charley.

This is PD.  Take it personally, and you'll get ulcers.
Molon Lube

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 28, 2010, 03:56:50 PM
I'm still wondering what you're so upset about, Charley.

This is PD.  Take it personally, and you'll get ulcers.

I don't know. There sure is a bur under my saddle though.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

It happens, I know from personal experience.

Sometimes its best to remember that this is a forum of people dedicated/affailiated/hangs out with a concept of Discord, Chaos, etc etc etc. That we poke each other occasionally only emphasizes the fact that we can actually be civil to each other a large part of the time, or several small parts of the time anyway...

In the end, ya gotta figure out why you're here. Are you here to get accolades from the rest of us, are you here to hang with people not afraid to poke at  well anything that happens to be poke-able, or are you here to vent your views, or are you here because Eris calls you late at night and breathes heavily into the phone? Or, possibly like many of us, maybe you have no idea why you're here, only that it generally seems to fits like an old shoe.

Getting upset about stuff that happens here happens to most of us. Even those of us that say "Pffft, don't get upset at shit that happens here."

Discordia is a bitch; a hot, sexy, undeniable bitch.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Adios

I have been writing my book and something came over me. The realization that I can never do any of these things again buried me under an avalanche of self loathing and intense anger. Or, in other words pissed off self pity. Internally I was kicking things and screaming at the top of my lungs but externally all was a deep calm.

Then, like a volcano, things went completely batshit. Add to this me barely being in control of myself on a good day. I was going to quit writing and go do something real crazy, no idea what, but something.

Then slowly the realization came over me that at one time I did have the opportunity to do these things. Things most people will never do. I had lived, at full speed. Maybe if I had led a different life I would be in better health. To what end, though? Would I really trade it in if I could? No, I don't think so.

So I told myself to shut the fuck up and quit all this fucking bitching and whining. So I did. As much as I loathe never being able to do those things again, I loathe wallowing around in self pity far more.

Will it happen again? Odds are, yes. Will it be as bad? Odds are, no. Realizing the cause of insane actions is the only way to curtail some of them. And also to nurture others.

I am back, in a good space, for now.

Jasper

Having never experienced such anger, I can honestly say it's beyond my imagination.  Glad to hear you're doing well again, though.

Don Coyote

It sounds like you need people to mentor or teach, and the occasional skillet to the head. Glad you are back.

Adios