News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Jenne's Vacation Photos

Started by Jenne, July 26, 2010, 12:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Warning:  image size is a bit big.  May take a while to load, sorry.

We went to Mendocino County, which is, I guess, the "greenest" county in the state...meaning everyone and their granny grows weed.  It's so damned beautiful up there, if a bit inaccessible 'cept through some rather twisty, windy roads...

I took them all with my iPhone (the new one, the iPhone 4), and they came out decent.  I tried to resize them, but they are so pretty, didn't want to resize them into oblivion.

This is what I was walking along, one side of the road, and then the road itself.

My catchphrase for the week was: The cows don't care.  And they really don't.  Though they seemed to watch us a lot as we walked by...

...and here's the other side of THAT road:

That's the ocean beyond there in the distance.

Jenne

And here's the kids and husband inside a tree--Stella saw this on my facebook and said we're Keeblers...:lol:  But yes, the redwoods are REALLY that huge.

And then the piece de resistance for me:  This is Glass Beach in Fort Bragg.  It was built on a former landfill, and all this sea glass is all over the beach.  You can see people digging for it in the sand.  It's quite lovely, actually, from all views.  I'm giving you one of the ocean and the rocks...

as well as my kiddo up against some driftwood, with the sea over this right (our left) shoulder:

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Great pictures Jenne.

And yeah, I've found the iphone cameras to be surprisingly good. Though I don't own one, my GF does so I receive tons of images of our baby and whatnot.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jenne

Thanks, Net.  I was surprised  at how well a lot of these turned out.  Sucked the ones I took of them in the tree turned out so crappy, but I'm wondering if it was the light/fog atmosphere that affected the phone, though in truth it was probably the photographer, lol.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

The blurring is almost always a sign of not enough light, which the camera is trying to compensate for by keeping the shutter open longer. So it's not really your fault, it's a mechanical limitation with these small cameras: the aperture can't open very wide so the slower shutter speed tries to make up for it.

You might consider making a little string "tripod" for those low light situations.

You'd need one of these in order to make a string tripod, which is quite easy and cheap to put together.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jenne

Huh!  Cool, thanks.  Also, I need to fix the one that went sideways!  Meh!

Cramulus

cool pix! CA has some really beautiful landscapes - and I simply MUST visit the redwood forests

^

he looks like he's narrating some nature documentary  :lol:

Dysfunctional Cunt

Beautiful pics Jenne!  Looks like y'all had a great time!

Sir Squid Diddimus

Man. Looks like you guys had a nice time. It's really pretty out there :)

Jenne

Thanks, Cram--you know how many photos I have of him sitting there, like that, while I took different views from every angle?  :lol:  I think 5?

Thanks, Khara and Squid--it was soooo gorgeous up there.  Cold, but fuckin' gorgeous.

Jenne

Okiedokie--these are some NEW vacation photos.  A few chosen ones, anyway.  Some are still on my iPhone, some are on my husband's phone or camera.  So I'll grab more of those later. I won't repeat the ones I put in SpagBook, or the Pix thread in AT:

To wit: (national monument pix, cavern pix, crazy-blurry pic of me and my kids in the caverns)

Anna Mae Bollocks

Whoooooa. Nice!  :D

What caverns were those?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Eve

Great pictures! Jenne, your hair is lookin' awesome, btw. :)
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Jenne

Thanks, Eve--you like them candy-red stripes?  :lol:  I got so many strange looks from elderly women in VA over them.  I kept forgetting I had bright-pink stripes in my hair when I caught their strange looks.

Hey, Stella--thankees, those were the Shenandoah ones.  They had the "bacon" type formations as well as ooh-aaaah sparkly ones.  :D

Anna Mae Bollocks

The one looks like a mountain of cinnamon rolls with enough goddam frosting for once.  :lol:

And the hair is awesome. Colorblock or what? Is it permanent?
I was thinking of getting a little weird hair stuff done but it'd be a waste if it just washed out before I got outta here.  :p
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division