News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

POSTERGASM: Calvin Ball Edition

Started by Cramulus, July 17, 2008, 03:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

jesus, i must have been tired when i made those. i'll fix tonight if i get a chance.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Requia ☣

I love the not so silly ones, especially the stuff about shoes, cause I can so see people trained by airport security actually walking around with no shoes thanks to the sign.

A no fake fingernails would be great if you could get it up in the airport and somehow not get arrested for it.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

LMNO

We should run with the idea of "earning National Security Points".

Voodoo

100 Security Points and you get Secret Clearance
500 Security Points and you get Top Secret Clearance
1000 Security Points and you get Majestic Clearance

for each 500 Security Points you earn, you get to direct one laser guided missile strike

after 1000 Security Points you get a coupon for 10% off at Denny's

with 10,000 points you get to "frisk" a TSA Agent

Voodoo

Cramulus

That's AWESOME

the font on the blue text is a giveaway though. The dept. of homeland security probably wouldn't use an old english caligraphy font.

nevermind that they wouldn't forbid bluejeans, but whatever :p

Voodoo

Triple Zero

so at the local supermarkets you can put up cards with ads like how you lost your cat or got a couch to sell and such.

so last week i wrote one that said

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
  CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE FOUND CLUE #3 !!!

HIDE THIS CARD FOR EXTRA ++GOOD LUCK

PRINCIPIADISCORDIA.COM
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

and when this morning i checked back to see if the card was still there, i couldnt find it at first (they tend to remove the more zany stuff i've put up there--if they keep it up i'm going to complain about it)

but then i noticed

somebody had "hidden" it in plain sight by flipping the card with the blank backside in front :D

he/she shall get extra ++LUCK now!

maybe i could do a followup? replace it with exactly the same card that says CLUE #4 instead and see if the same person notices?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

:lulz: I love it! that's awesome. Whenever one of these little pranks actually connects to someone, it's so rewarding. I'd say yeah, do a followup. If you can engage this mystery character in a clue hunt, you may have found a real cool person.

What I'd do, is break my e-mail address into three parts, then put each part on a clue...

if the person e-mail you, you've found a really playful character who could probably benefit from some of our jokes and pamphlets, maybe a free PDF of the Principia.  :wink:  Best case scenario, you found a fellow trickster in your hometown.

Triple Zero

ok i hope the card will be still there later on, cause to play a clue hunt i need to stick to the original wording (which i forgot) .. i can at least use "PRINCIPIADISCORDIA.COM" as a connection.

i can either write something on the blank back of the current card, but small, so it's still mostly blank and recognizable as the same card.

or i can put up a new card that says clue #2 and later another clue #1

it might be fun to see if i can continue the clue hunt in another supermarket, but the chances are not big he'll follow around, i mustn't make it too hard.

the email is a nice idea. i'm probably going to have to reg myself a new email for this, then.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

nostalgicBadger

I love 000's idea of using cards. If we want to be ambitious about this, I think we could really turn it into something. What if we had a name for a game like what 000 is doing, and set up a web site with "rules" and templates for making your own cards? I can't imagine exactly how we would do it right now, but maybe we could even attach it to a mySQL or some other database that would keep track of people's points, like, the web site would have a card creator that would register people's cards as official and assign them unique IDs, that way if someone finds the card and does what they need to do (how we verify this I have no idea), they could enter the card's ID on the web site and gain points. There would be a limit of creating one card per person per month or something too, so people can't cheat by just creating a billion cards and giving all the IDs to their friends -- there would be some incentive to get other people playing too.

Or maybe that's too complicated? I just like connecting real life games to computer applications. I did this the last time I hosted a game of assassins, a login system with IDs for reporting tags and receiving your new target, because it's the only way I could manage a 70 player game that went on for two months while I was a full-time student.
meh.

Cramulus

that's a really cool idea..

I like the idea of a website that participants can check to log their "score".

riffing on that idea--

"Take a picture of yourself next to this sign, upload to http://website, score 10 points."

The website would have instructions which rewarded you for distributing posters. And each poster would contain a pointer to the website, the rules itself, or whatever.
Maybe the objective could be to get people from your neighborhood to interact with the posters. Like each poster has a unique URL, and if someone from your neighborhood connects and says Hi, you get points.

Or maybe you get points for going on Missions. A mission is like "put up posters in a train station. Come back the next day and photograph the ones that are still up. You get 5 points for each poster that's still up."

woah, I'm having a postergasm just thinking about this