News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Ingress

Started by Cramulus, July 18, 2013, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

I went that way too. Walking through the financial district today was a totally new experience.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It turns out that Portland is almost all Enlightenment.  :| I am guessing that the University area is probably even worse. You have to go out to the suburbs where the conservatives live to find the Resistance.

How allegorical...
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

What's enlightenment in terms of color?  Is it green?

LMNO

Yup.

Nigel, you may be able to cancel your account and start over...

Trivial

Picked Enlightened to play with friends.  The cops in town are Resistance. 

Town flips often.

I joined but haven't played really, I tend to keep my phone's data off.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on September 16, 2014, 10:09:24 PM
What's enlightenment in terms of color?  Is it green?

Yes, green.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 16, 2014, 10:34:38 PM
Yup.

Nigel, you may be able to cancel your account and start over...

No, it's good, after spending some time about town I've seen that my neighborhood (more black and less rich) is mostly Enlightened, but there are large swathes of Resistance and overall it looks like the composition of forces in the region is about 54% Resistance and 46% Enlightened, so I'm totally pleased to be on a strong slightly underdog side that happens to be very representative of my neighborhood. It was absolutely fascinating driving around tonight, seeing that the wealthy neighborhoods tend to be strongly Resistance and the poorer and/or more liberal neighborhoods strongly Enlightened.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, my boyfriend is getting a new phone so he can play. ALSO ALSO. I own the dog park.

LMNO

Awesome!

Looks like where I work has some patches of Resistance.  I'm psyched my afternoon walks just got more interesting.

hooplala

I just downloaded, but my phone is near dead. When it has some juice, I'm going to go out and spread the Enlightenment.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Dunno if this doubles as social media, but my Agent Name is (surprise, surprise) "LMNO".

Suu

I haven't played in a while since I moved, I should get back to that.

If anyone is Resistance in the Portsmouth, NH area, look for Alphadeltasigma.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 17, 2014, 01:41:12 PM
Dunno if this doubles as social media, but my Agent Name is (surprise, surprise) "LMNO".

Some crafty fucker had already taken "hoopla", so I went with "RexBologna".
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trivial on September 17, 2014, 01:42:34 AM
Picked Enlightened to play with friends.  The cops in town are Resistance. 

Town flips often.

I joined but haven't played really, I tend to keep my phone's data off.

This is interesting.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Your Mom on September 16, 2014, 08:49:31 PM
It turns out that Portland is almost all Enlightenment.  :| I am guessing that the University area is probably even worse. You have to go out to the suburbs where the conservatives live to find the Resistance.

How allegorical...

Last I played a few months ago, Hawthorne to the river was all blue. Downtown/Pioneer Square as well.

Alberta's always contentious and there are a shit load of portals. I actually ran into a blue player IRL following me down Alberta, undoing all my good green work.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool