News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

A Drop In The Bucket

Started by Phox, February 23, 2012, 01:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Thinking about all the time that goes by with nothing to do, it must seem like the sudden burst of busy work is nothing but a drop in the bucket, right?

Well, sure. Of course it is. But it's 500 million gallon bucket, and I gotta tell you, a drop is relative.

Time is funny like that, yeah? Here I was thinking that nothing could go wrong, and I'd have all the time in the world to think, and write, and play. And then I remembered the turkey in the oven. Oh, and the laundry needs to be done. And hey, remember that college thing I was working on?

Boy, time does have a way of slipping through the cracks.

HA. I almost just hit select all delete. What a dick move that would be.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

One of the reasons I decided to go to school now is because eight years will go by whether I go to school or not, know what I mean?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: Nigel on February 23, 2012, 03:19:15 AM
One of the reasons I decided to go to school now is because eight years will go by whether I go to school or not, know what I mean?
I definitely hear you on that one. Might as well get something out of those eight years.  :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor M. Phox0 on February 23, 2012, 03:21:59 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 23, 2012, 03:19:15 AM
I definitely hear you on that one. Might as well get something out of those eight years.  :)

Totally, exactly. Something more than another day with laundry to do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hirley0

:fnord: 3:44-55 1 ETZNAB
3:55 ?12-4=8? | 7:29:42 (7:43) 7:21:59 (2:44) 7:19:15 {2:3} 5:16:53 PM